Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Branching out.....my other works...

TooManyShots
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Branching out.....my other works...

I will continue to update this thread. I have been shooting BW in film for the past months and I think I have finally nailed down the entire workflow. I think.....

Mamiya c330. Kodak Tmax 400. Rodinal R09 developer.

Kodak D76.

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Branching out.....my other works...

From a fellow Mamiya TLR and TMax shooter...mine is a C220...these look really good to me. I would be interested in your temp/time/agitation schemes. If you don't mind sharing, that is. Especially like the looks of frames 1,2 and 5. My Rodinal efforts, to date, are not yet to my liking. I guess they're consistently inconsistent. Lovely shots.

Kenny

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:14 PM
TooManyShots
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Branching out.....my other works...

Kenj8246 wrote:
From a fellow Mamiya TLR and TMax shooter...mine is a C220...these look really good to me. I would be interested in your temp/time/agitation schemes. If you don't mind sharing, that is. Especially like the looks of frames 1,2 and 5. My Rodinal efforts, to date, are not yet to my liking. I guess they're consistently inconsistent. Lovely shots.

Kenny

Thanks. I actually rescanned these because I have figured out how to squeeze another 20% sharpness from my scans from the Canon 9000f. Emulsion facing down, towards the scanner glass. Scan the negative bare flat and holding it down using a custom made (DIY) masking paper.

For the R09 development. It is n+1. My base time was 9 minutes. I find it too be lacking contrast. I increased the time by +1 (20%). 11 minutes. 1:50 dilution. Temp at 68 degree F. I agitated for the first 1 minute. Then, it is 1 agitation per 30s. I was also using an orange filter on the lens.

For the Kodak D76 developer, the dilution is 1:1. Normal development time 12m 30s. With the last shot, I increase the time to 15 minutes. 25s of agitations.

Rodinal is tricky to use because too much agitations you get too much contrast and grains. You can get too much grains from too long in the development time.

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:46 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password