Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Peyto Lake Panorama

angel manguel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Peyto Lake Panorama

This is a compilation of 8 images stitched and adjusted in CS6. Still feeling my way in CS6 but feel like I am making some progress. I adjusted the sky as a separate layer and then made global adjustments in levels and curves. I see that the stitch lines are still apparent and I am wondering how I eliminate those? Flatten the layers/image? Taken with D3X and 14-24f/2.8. C and C very much appreciated.

Alan

Update: 14/01/2013

I flattened the image before saving it as a jpeg. Stitch lines now absent but the image needs some work to improve it. Thanks to all for your suggestions and comments
Alan

angel manguel 2012

Edited on Jan 14, 2013 at 07:31 PM · View previous versions

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Matt Tilghman
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Got one of them of my own, too You captured it well. My photoshop has the stitch lines too, but only when I'm viewing it unflattened, and at a reduced size (like 30% and unflattened). Once I zoom in to 100% or flatten, it seems to fix itself. How did you downsize this?

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:29 AM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Matt Tilghman wrote:
Got one of them of my own, too You captured it well. My photoshop has the stitch lines too, but only when I'm viewing it unflattened, and at a reduced size (like 30% and unflattened). Once I zoom in to 100% or flatten, it seems to fix itself. How did you downsize this?

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your comments. The full sized image was 19000+ pixels wide so I downsized it in CS6 using image size, reduced resolution from 300 to 72 ppi (which may be part of the problem) and saved it as a jpeg. Trying to meet the upload requirements of the site to keep images less than 600 kb. I tried both flattening the image and layers and not. Did not seem to make a difference.

Alan

Edited on Jan 06, 2013 at 12:45 PM · View previous versions

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:24 AM
Zeph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Flatten it...

Jan 06, 2013 at 06:28 AM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Zeph wrote:
Flatten it...

Thanks Zeph.

Alan

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:49 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Alan,
What a vista!!! I think that flatten should help. Try posting after it is flattened for comparison and future reference.

Thank you.

Jan 06, 2013 at 08:39 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Thanks Maji! Appreciate you visiting and offering suggestions.

Alan

Jan 07, 2013 at 01:56 AM
johnmfisk

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Hi Angel,

gorgeous panno! Really lovely composition and terrific colors.

As others have pointed out, either Merge or Flatten will fuse the layers into a single image and the lines will disappear.

I've been playing with pannos in CS4 for a while and my only comment would be to keep an eye on how PS aligns and merges - CS6 is likely to be much improved over CS4 in this regard. I've done some architectural shots when I didn't have a sufficiently wide angle lens in the bag, and the merged panno will occasionally have odd looking misfits. I generally go over the image at 50% and carefully inspect the merge lines for oddities.

Have fun, and thanks for sharing!
JMF

Jan 11, 2013 at 06:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

parsons
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Peyto Lake Panorama

johnmfisk wrote:
Hi Angel,

As others have pointed out, either Merge or Flatten will fuse the layers into a single image and the lines will disappear.

I've been playing with pannos in CS4 for a while and my only comment would be to keep an eye on how PS aligns and merges - CS6 is likely to be much improved over CS4 in this regard. I've done some architectural shots when I didn't have a sufficiently wide angle lens in the bag, and the merged panno will occasionally have odd looking misfits. I generally go over the
...Show more
anything less than ps5 is very poor for stitching.

nice shot by the way, just watch teh highlights when capturing the scene,

also try not to use an ultra wide angle lens for stitches.

s

Jan 11, 2013 at 07:17 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Peyto Lake Panorama

johnmfisk wrote:
Hi Angel,

I've been playing with pannos in CS4 for a while and my only comment would be to keep an eye on how PS aligns and merges - CS6 is likely to be much improved over CS4 in this regard. I've done some architectural shots when I didn't have a sufficiently wide angle lens in the bag, and the merged panno will occasionally have odd looking misfits. I generally go over the
...Show more

Thanks John. Appreciate your input and suggestions.

Alan

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM
sozypozy
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Great picture but the stitch lines sort of ruin the great picture.

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:23 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Peyto Lake Panorama

sozypozy wrote:
Great picture but the stitch lines sort of ruin the great picture. http://www.ovirfh9384.info/images/14.gif

I agree!. I have not posted a redo as yet as I have been down with this nasty flu. Thanks for stopping by.

Alan

Jan 14, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Onder27

p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Great photo Alan. I have quite a similar one (but not as impressive) from 7 photos and had stitched it in PS5 a while ago without any issues. Puzzling.

http://www.pbase.com/ondergunesberk/image/127752608/original

Jan 14, 2013 at 06:55 PM
angel manguel
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Peyto Lake Panorama

Onder27 wrote:
Great photo Alan. I have quite a similar one (but not as impressive) from 7 photos and had stitched it in PS5 a while ago without any issues. Puzzling.

http://www.pbase.com/ondergunesberk/image/127752608/original

Thanks Onder. Your image of Peyto is stellar. My flattened image is inferior to the first I posted. The changes I made appear not to have translated into the flattened jpeg. Appreciate you stopping by.

Alan

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:24 PM
binary visions
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Peyto Lake Panorama

The color and exposure of the first one, with the stitch lines, is excellent. If I were to nitpick, I'd try and bring the blown highlights out of the upper left area of the clouds. Perhaps with some layering so as not to disturb the exposure of the rest of the image.

The second image, while lacking stitch lines is not nearly as pleasing in my opinion.

Jan 15, 2013 at 07:54 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password