Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Marina

jaharris129
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Marina

an image taken in Sanford Florida, 10 stop ND filter,
your comments are greatly appreciated

7crop by jaharris1701, on Flickr
Camera Canon EOS 40D
Exposure 30
Aperture f/10.0
Focal Length 10 mm
ISO Speed 100

Jan 05, 2013 at 08:43 PM
WilliamFinley
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Marina

Sorry but I have to giggle a bit. I was expecting to see a girl after reading your title and opening up the thread I like the way the ships lead in to the horizon. Nice sky. That dark foreground is a bit distracting though. Great clarity.

Bill

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:16 PM
StevenZ
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Marina

Nicely exposure, composition is a little busy but I do like how the dark area in the sky helps balance out the dark area of the water at the bottom.

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

joesfotosite

p.1 #4 · Marina

Beautiful. What did you use to process the photo, if you don't mind me asking. Just curves/presets or did you use Silver Efex or something similar? I love the tones and the contrasts.

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:38 AM
jaharris129
• •
p.1 #5 · Marina

joesfotosite wrote:
Beautiful. What did you use to process the photo, if you don't mind me asking. Just curves/presets or did you use Silver Efex or something similar? I love the tones and the contrasts.

thank you all for looking and commenting,, very much appreciated
joe this image was converted using Silver efex Pro,, yep,, I love that software !! some minor tweaks in photoshop afterwards thanks again

Jan 06, 2013 at 02:16 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Marina

I like this shot a lot. Normally, I would say there should be something to ground the shot to avoid the "standing on the water" effect, but I think the shadows achieve that purpose quite nicely! Nice job with the processing. My only nit is the loss of detail in the flag, but how could you possibly avoid that in such a long single shot exposure, at least without a second shot to blend it back in.....

Greg

Jan 06, 2013 at 05:44 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password