New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · D800 mode dial lock

swblackwood
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · D800 mode dial lock

I recently sent in my D800 for what I hope is an easy repair. It's the dial that you use to choose S-CL-CH-Q. etc. The locking mechanism seems to be broken. The button itself gets stuck and even when it pops up. the lock does not engage. Thus, the dial moves freely, although lining the dial up with their respective functions works fine. My question is: when will Nikon contact me with a quote for the repair. They received it in Jan,3 in the morning, so they have had it for really three working days. Also, does anyone have an idea about how much it will cost?
steve

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:19 PM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · D800 mode dial lock

Best guess based on my previous experience with the CA service center, you'll probably get contacted this next week unless they are t-totally slammed.

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:34 PM
DocsPics
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · D800 mode dial lock

I just used Nikon NY Repair service for first time . They sent me an email within a day or two after receiving the camera with clear instructions on what to do next. Hope yours goes smoothly also.

Doc

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:20 PM
swblackwood
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · D800 mode dial lock

Thanks for the replies. Funny that I live in WI but they had me send it to LA.

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:32 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · D800 mode dial lock

It sounds like a warranty repair unless there was physical damage. And yes, you should get an email with instructions on how to access the service dept to check on your camera. But if it's warranty, there is nothing really for you to do, they will fix it.

Jim

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:21 AM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · D800 mode dial lock

IME If your NPS you usually receive an email 3 days after receipt. For non-NPS customers it usually is 7 days.

Jan 05, 2013 at 01:30 AM
DTOB
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · D800 mode dial lock

swblackwood wrote:
They received it in Jan,3 in the morning, so they have had it for really three working days.

I don't think the 3rd counts as a day because that's when they received it.

You posted on the 4th that it has been 3 working days? By my count, the 4th would be the first working day, the 7th would be the second, and the 8th the third. Only on the 9th can you say that it has been 3 working days.

Dylan

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:33 AM
swblackwood
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · D800 mode dial lock

I misspoke. They received it on the 2nd in the morning. Thus, they had it all day on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th. THat means three days in my book. Nevertheless, I am reassured by others' comment about the lead time.
Steve

DTOB wrote:
I don't think the 3rd counts as a day because that's when they received it.

You posted on the 4th that it has been 3 working days? By my count, the 4th would be the first working day, the 7th would be the second, and the 8th the third. Only on the 9th can you say that it has been 3 working days.

Dylan

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:03 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.