Upload & Sell: On
Inku Yo wrote:
Joel, not calling you a liar, but that's just a crazy amount of wear. Are your clothes made out of steel wool?
Do you use straps? Rapid straps or a holster type thing? Or even a plain old camera strap? Anything where the camera hangs or dangles? How is it rubbing against your clothes?
Only wear steel clothes on my days off or when reenacting medieval battles. Ok, not really. I am usually wearing either sweaters or a button up cotton shirt. I do not wear any kind of harsh fabrics whatsoever.
The camera is on a black rapid strap 95% of the time. The other 5% it's on a tripod. So, yes it does dangle and rest against my side, but so has every other camera I have ever used. I have always slung cameras across me rather than around my neck. As I said, I have had a 5D II for years...even bought it used. It has been used in probably nat at least 80 weddings, and there is NO wear on it similar to this The only marks on it are a few dings that were clearly from being bumped or scratched
I have researched via Google, and apparently there are a number of people who have had similar issues (such as Sarah posted earlier in this thread). But, it seems to be very isolated...which leads me to believe there was a batch that got a bad paint job or something. Here is a photo that someone posted that is having similar issues...and this was when the camera was only 5 months old:
I am convinced that had I not taped the thing to hell and back after the first time using it, I would be in the exact same (or likely worse) situation.
Yeah, has to be a bad batch. Either that or the chain mail shirts you wear.