New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Canon Speedlight

Ghostinz
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon Speedlight

I am a Nikon guy, so I figured I would go to the Canon experts about this question. I have a friend who wants to start doing some photography. She purchased a Rebel T3i. Its a good starter camera for her for sure. I also convinced her to buy a 50mm. She wants a flash too, but I am not sure which one to recommend to her. I am thinking a 320EX but I can't confirm if this flash will do wireless from a T3i?

Please help.

Z

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:31 AM
RichardLavigne
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon Speedlight

She should be able to control any of the Canon speedlights.

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:47 AM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon Speedlight

x2 with what Richard said.

I would personally recommend the 430EXII at the very least if that's within budget.

Jan 04, 2013 at 12:26 PM
gwaww
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon Speedlight

I have owned and still own multiple canon flashes. 550, 580 MKII &II, 430 MMKI & II, etc. I liked all of them within their limitations. I will always recommend purchasing the most powerful that you can afford. That being said, I've had a Nissin Di866 MKII for about a year and really like it. It plays well with Canon flashes and my 7D and has as much power as my 580's. Plus it's a lot cheaper and has a small fill flash.

Jan 04, 2013 at 12:44 PM
3iron
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon Speedlight

The 430II is a good buy for the money.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:14 PM
Dick Snyder
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon Speedlight

I bought a 320EX here on the B&S forum and liked it. I bought it to use when I needed a third flash unit in some mulit-flash setups. Simple to use and adequately powered for lots of family stuff. However, I found that I favored the 430EX II and so sold the 320EX to one of my students who loved it. I found the LED light to be of very limited use.

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:40 PM
GC5
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon Speedlight

Led is a nice flash light in a pinch, but not much else. Still I carry and use it more than my 580 and 430. I love the small size and weight.

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:03 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.