FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2013 · 600 f/4 IS owners: a question

dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 600 f/4 IS owners: a question

PetKal wrote:
Paolo, thank you for the overview of all replacement feet.
I have Wimberly QR clamps on my monopods as well as the tripod....I think that has worked very well for me.....the additional clamp weight is negligible. (One can trim weight elsewhere in a major way, such as choosing a lighter/smaller carrying bag, getting "3" series Gitzo tripod instead of "5" series, etc.)

But migration is still money out of pocket. I even forgo bringing a laptop, chargers and other "essentials" just to cut weight here and there. I really wanted to use a Think Tank Airport backpack with wheels but had to nix that as the wheels added unreasonable weight.

My situation is an extreme case that is not experienced (fortunately) by most photogs.

I appreciate the gear suggestions everyone is making but let us not go off topic on this thread. This subject is of particular interest to me.

So are there any other lens replacement foots I missed?

I have experience with all the manufacturers' products thus far except for the Jobu Design ones. Anyone with this foot? How'd you like em?

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:03 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · 600 f/4 IS owners: a question

Dood, so that we do not get all mixed up here, the topic is only the 4th Generation Designs' low profile foot (the non-adjustable type) on Canon 600 f/4 IS lenses. No other feet, no other lenses, no other gears, fall into this topic.

Jan 05, 2013 at 01:27 PM
leftcoastlefty
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · 600 f/4 IS owners: a question

PetKal wrote:
Dood, so that we do not get all mixed up here, the topic is only the 4th Generation Designs' low profile foot (the non-adjustable type) on Canon 600 f/4 IS lenses. No other feet, no other lenses, no other gears, fall into this topic.

PetKal, I was about to tell you how the hood on my 300mm has been binding lately...

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:27 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · 600 f/4 IS owners: a question

leftcoastlefty wrote:
PetKal, I was about to tell you how the hood on my 300mm has been binding lately...

Sure thing, Lefty.....be my guest.

Jan 16, 2013 at 01:33 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.