Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       end

Archive 2013 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Ralph Conway
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

danb121 wrote:
Well that's who it's aimed at Rebel/**D users and the odd 5D2 user like Ralph

I see it as a compliment danb121.
Yes, I wished higher ISO, better ooc JPEGs, no banding at 6.400 and higher ISOs. And this is what 6D does. Next to more sensitiv center AF, more reliable AF n general, and better IQ (even slightly better than 5D III) and yes - wifi. So yes, I am part of the target group. And as far I see it I am not the only one using a 5D II and wanting to "grade up" to the new FF "entry level".

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:06 PM
danb121
• •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Ralph Conway wrote:
I see it as a compliment danb121.
Yes, I wished higher ISO, better ooc JPEGs, no banding at 6.400 and higher ISOs. And this is what 6D does. Next to more sensitiv center AF, more reliable AF n general, and better IQ (even slightly better than 5D III) and yes - wifi. So yes, I am part of the target group. And as far I see it I am not the only one using a 5D II and wanting to "grade up" to the new FF "entry level".

Yep all of those things do it for me too, but I'm a Rebel user so the 6D will be a major upgrade... hopefully I'll order it next week

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:47 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

To be honest: Next to the facts, which make me want to grade up there is one cause I already mentioned in the "hands on" thread, that is now confirmed a couple of times by others, too. I was able to convince myself an other time this week at my dealers shop in cologne: Never before any camera felt so comfortable in my hands, too. I owned 13 bodies as far I remember. All of them felt good. None of them felt so great like 6D does: As it was made for me. It was love from the first touch.

Get it in your hands, shoot it and if you still think 5d II is the better choice stay or go 5D II.

Ralph

Jan 05, 2013 at 09:54 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Last night was the first time I'd used the 5d2 since getting the 6d loaner.

It felt old...

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:32 PM
chez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

RobDickinson wrote:

It felt old...

But did it deliver? My car at times feels old, but it gets me to work and back. New toys always get the excitement...but do you see a difference in prints using the 6d over a 5d2?

If I was moving up from a crop system, I would look long and hard at a used 5d2 for $1200 and put the rest of the money to glass. My gut says you'll see a bigger difference in your photos by investing your $$$ in nice glass and using the "old" 5d2 than getting a new 6d and not upgrading your lens.

The big decision is getting the newer higher tech 6d or getting the older 5d2 and supplementing the price difference with better glass. Already having a 5d2... It's a no brainer, stay with the 5d2 and wait 6 months for the 5d3 to come down to the $2300 range and pick one of them up.

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:43 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

6d is good but .... my 1ds2 and 5d2 and 40d are still mint like new and i see nothing wrong with them yet ...until canon has EXMOR comparable sensor bodies then i will replace them. Nonsense to trade +/- 1/4 stops DR.

Edited on Jan 05, 2013 at 10:59 PM · View previous versions

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Candersson

p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:
Just curious. I am very close to pulling the trigger not sure what is holding me back.

I'm sure it's very nice but it just doesn't fit my needs.

If you think it would fit yours - go get it!!

Good luck!

Jan 05, 2013 at 10:55 PM
danb121
• •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

chez wrote:
But did it deliver? My car at times feels old, but it gets me to work and back. New toys always get the excitement...but do you see a difference in prints using the 6d over a 5d2?

If I was moving up from a crop system, I would look long and hard at a used 5d2 for $1200 and put the rest of the money to glass. My gut says you'll see a bigger difference in your photos by investing your $$$ in nice glass and using the "old" 5d2 than getting a new 6d and not upgrading your lens.

The
...Show more

But if there's no difference in prints from a 5D2 to a 6D why would there be a difference between a 5D2 and 5D3 prints... isn't the IQ between the 6D and 5D3 similar

I totaly get your glass comment but I don't need glass

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:13 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

RobDickinson wrote:

It felt old...

chez wrote:

At low ISO I think there wouldnt be much difference.

At higher ISO the 6d will show off some. One big difference at night is the spirit level, had to get things level on a 5d especially in portrait orientation.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:19 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

danb121 wrote:
But if there's no difference in prints from a 5D2 to a 6D why would there be a difference between a 5D2 and 5D3 prints... isn't the IQ between the 6D and 5D3 similar

I totaly get your glass comment but I don't need glass

No difference in prints unless you shoot high ISO. Huge difference in AF between the 5d2/6d and the 5d3. Right now I have a 7d when I need good AF tracking. My guess would be I would sell the 7d right when I would get the 5d3. Just waiting for the 5d3 price to drop down more.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

chez
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

RobDickinson wrote:
At low ISO I think there wouldnt be much difference.

At higher ISO the 6d will show off some. One big difference at night is the spirit level, had to get things level on a 5d especially in portrait orientation.

Yeh, that is my feeling as well. For landscapes which I typically shoot with my 5d2, I don't see any improvements with the 6d.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

mttran wrote:
Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

6d is good but .... my 1ds2 and 5d2 and 40d are still mint like new and i see nothing wrong with them yet ...until canon has EXMOR comparable sensor bodies then i will replace them. Nonsense to trade +/- 1/4 stops DR.

- for me all this DR Discussions sound like nonsense. My 5D II DR was already good enough for my needs. But I need ISO 3200 regulary and I often wish one or two (ISO) stops more, if my 5D II could deliver. It can not. Nor my 40D neither YOUR 1Ds II can. 5D III, 1D X and 6D do it.

Decisson is made easy.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:32 PM
danb121
• •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

chez wrote:
No difference in prints unless you shoot high ISO. Huge difference in AF between the 5d2/6d and the 5d3. Right now I have a 7d when I need good AF tracking. My guess would be I would sell the 7d right when I would get the 5d3. Just waiting for the 5d3 price to drop down more.

I've not seen a drop in the 5D3 for a while in the UK... one coming soon maybe, good luck. 5D3 to big and heavy to carry on my long commute to work which involves 3 modes of transport

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:37 PM
jbfaulconer
• • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:
Just curious. I am very close to pulling the trigger not sure what is holding me back.

FPS is my answer. I refuse to go back to 5d classic speeds. 6 fps isn't great but it does allow me to shoot sports action. 3fps just won't do it. I don't need wi-fi and I love the battery life on the 5d lll. If I was just a portrait or landscape shooter I might think twice about the 6d.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:38 PM
danb121
• •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

danb121 wrote:

I've not seen a drop in the 5D3 for a while in the UK... one coming soon maybe, good luck with your timing
5D3 to big and heavy to carry on my long commute to work which involves 3 modes of transport

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:38 PM
chez
• • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

danb121 wrote:
I've not seen a drop in the 5D3 for a while in the UK... one coming soon maybe, good luck. 5D3 to big and heavy to carry on my long commute to work which involves 3 modes of transport

I don't need to buy new. I've already seen a 5d3 go for $2400. Give it 6 months and used one will be in the $2000 - $2200 range.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:44 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

jbfaulconer wrote:
FPS is my answer. I refuse to go back to 5d classic speeds. 6 fps isn't great but it does allow me to shoot sports action. 3fps just won't do it. I don't need wi-fi and I love the battery life on the 5d lll. If I was just a portrait or landscape shooter I might think twice about the 6d.

6d is 4.5fps

Battery life is good if the gps/wifi is switched off.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:45 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Ralph Conway wrote:
- for me all this DR Discussions sound like nonsense. My 5D II DR was already good enough for my needs. But I need ISO 3200 regulary and I often wish one or two (ISO) stops more, if my 5D II could deliver. It can not. Nor my 40D neither YOUR 1Ds II can. 5D III, 1D X and 6D do it.

Decisson is made easy.

Ralph, i don't gain any things from 5D3/6D/1DX since i normally shoot 50-400 ISO and pretty much in stand still object. So, my new DSLR should be wider DR and little more in resolution

Better DR means cleaner data means better IQ and that is the way how electronic works.

Jan 05, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

mttran wrote:
Ralph, i don't gain any things from 5D3/6D/1DX since i normally shoot 50-400 ISO and pretty much in stand still object. So, my new DSLR should be wider DR and little more in resolution

Better DR means cleaner data means better IQ and that is the way how electronic works.

Understandable. I shoot in 1600-3200 regulary and can not go higher (with my 5D II) even I often wish I could. What I gain from the new generation cameras is beeing able to shoot at ISO 12.800-25k. So all three would work. But I do not need the 5D III/1D X AF system, nor 12FPS. That was why I said "Decission is made easy" (for me).

Jan 06, 2013 at 12:05 AM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Another person happy with their 5DMK3. Or lately my Oly OM-D EM-5.

Jan 06, 2013 at 03:43 PM
       6       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

6       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password