Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3              5       6       end

Archive 2013 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

I think 4 cameras is enough already

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Shutterbug2006 wrote:
The 5DII is good value for the price. The 6D is good value for the price too I think.

I never really thought about "consumer ergonomics" before I bought the 6D. And I'm happy to report that it just feels right. I can hold it in my right hand and reach all the buttons used in the course of making a shot.

It feels solid. There is no plastic feel to it at all. It feels better in my hand than my 5D2 did.

The WiFi works great, but it eats battery power like there is no tomorrow. I'm glad I bought
...Show more
WOW....With wifi on how long does it last?

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

sqdstf wrote:
Viewfinder killed it for me.

Because it is not 100%?

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:35 AM
danb121
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:
Because it is not 100%?

But for anyone coming from a crop body (with the exception of a 7D) the view finder is better, infact this camera is to try and get users to updrade from a crop to FF and in most aspects the 6D wins; although the 7D wins in some areas apart from the one that matters mostů well matters most to me anyway!

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:55 AM
cputeq
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

As I'm debating moving back to FF, 6D was on the list for a while just because of price (looking to stay with Canon, no real interest in Nikon at this time).

The more I compare it to the 5D3, though, it just loses out in almost every real category for me. Yeah, the wifi would be cool to use sometimes, but it's not absolutely required and I don't care about GPS. (Frankly I'd love an articulating LCD screen on a FF body that isn't a Sony)

But, when you throw in a very, very boring ho-hum AF setup that's just a hair's difference from the 5D2, no dual cards, slow FPS, and lack of a joystick and the dumbed down external controls, you're basically looking at a 5D2 with GPS/Wifi as extra.

I guess some people don't mind paying for what the 6D offers, and I can somehow see the allure, but I think I'm willing to pay (eventually) the extra price to get the AF, VF, dual cards and better overall ergonomics / performance of the 5D3. I guess I'll live without the wifi, because I'm sure as hell not paying what Canon's asking for their addon unit.

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

5d3 is better body in many points, 6d seem fine camera if you are upgrading from Rebel or other 1.6 crop or 5d/5d2 bodies but not from 1d4 as myself

Jan 04, 2013 at 12:41 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Shrug, because I don't need it, as I have my trusty 5DMkII.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:49 PM
Milan Hutera
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Don't have the $$$ plus I don't need it.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:54 PM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

single sd card and no joystick are main items, also poor battery life with gps and wifi and 1//4000 top speed.

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:58 PM
vchowdhary
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Because for the price there are better options out there

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

coppertop
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

What's holding me back? $900.
Had one ordered then realized I had spent more over the Holidays and had to cancel.

I want a full frame DSLR to compliment my 1D MKIII and my Olympus OM-D. Tinkered with the 6D at the local Best Buy and it's a really nice camera. AF system works fine (I'm a center AF point kinda guy) and having built in WiFi will save me from buying or switching around Eye-Fi cards.

It may not be for everyone but for me, it fits a nitch that I've been wanting to fill for some time now. Give me a month or so with no unexpected expenses, and I'll get one.

Jan 04, 2013 at 02:54 PM
zquaratella
• •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

I'm satisfied with my 5d2. I don't want to "upgrade" and lose some features (namely the joystick and ML).

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:00 PM
Kathy White
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

I have no interest at all in the 6D due to its AF which sounds only a little better than the 5DII I shot with for over 3 years. Love the ability of the 5DIII's AF. My next move will be replacing my 7D with a 1DIV.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:02 PM
Greggbhill
• •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Vs 5D3: 40 fewer cross-type focus points and no joystick to select them with

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:08 PM
nburwell
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

For me, I'm content with my 5DII. Plus, I have a TON of CF cards and I don't want to start collecting SD cards when I already have plenty of memory cards as it is.

But mainly it's because I'm happy with my 5DII. If I were to "upgrade" per se, I would definitely aim more towards the 5DIII.

-Nick

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:37 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Cos i'd rather pay my rent and feed my family - we aren't all wealthy middle class folk here...

And i have a 5Dc that i'm quite satisfied with anyway.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:46 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

nburwell wrote:
For me, I'm content with my 5DII. Plus, I have a TON of CF cards and I don't want to start collecting SD cards when I already have plenty of memory cards as it is.

But mainly it's because I'm happy with my 5DII. If I were to "upgrade" per se, I would definitely aim more towards the 5DIII.

-Nick

Ditto. That bucket of CF cards is compelling! The WiFi is nice. But then I can already do quick uploads in the field from my 5D2/7D to the internet on my iPad via USB cable.

Jan 04, 2013 at 04:00 PM
Tom Rouse
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

My wife would kill me if I bought the 6D. I have the 1d3, 7D, and 5D3 now. She just doesn't understand why I need three cameras must less four. We all know she is wrong, but I'm afraid to tell her.

Jan 04, 2013 at 04:01 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Main reason for me is the AF system offers me less flexibility than what I would want for certain types of shooting. Other than that it's just other bells and whistles the 5D3 offers that the 6D doesn't. Then again there's a chance I may still get the 6D if the prices continue to drop since of course budget is important to me and bottom line is the 6D will meet most of my needs. It's almost as difficult decision for me as choosing between a 16-35 II or 17-40, especially with the price difference.

Jan 04, 2013 at 05:47 PM
jfwoodman
• • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

stanj wrote:
Because a 5D3 and 1DX is enough for now

+1

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:24 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password