Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              5       6       end

Archive 2013 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Just curious. I am very close to pulling the trigger not sure what is holding me back.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:06 AM
stanj
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Because a 5D3 and 1DX is enough for now

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:07 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

stanj wrote:

Ha-ha! Well played, Stan!

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:15 AM
jorkata
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Because of the single-point AF system (effectively) and the consumer ergonomics.

I had a camera with a single-point AF system and consumer ergonomics and I didnít like it.
So, even if the 6D drops to $1500, I still wonít be interested. YMMV.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:16 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

stanj wrote:

must be nice....

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:22 AM
Michaelparris
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

jorkata wrote:
Because of the single-point AF system (effectively) and the consumer ergonomics.

I had a camera with a single-point AF system and consumer ergonomics and I didnít like it.
So, even if the 6D drops to $1500, I still wonít be interested. YMMV.

"consumer ergonomics" well put.....I think that is what is bugging me.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:23 AM
saneproduction
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Because of the moire in the video, 1/4000 max shutter, AF a la 5DII and SD cards. Went 5DIII

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:31 AM
artsupreme
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

My question is why "would" you get a 6d unless wifi is absolutely necessary to you? 5DII is a much better value

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:35 AM
Shutterbug2006
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

artsupreme wrote:
My question is why "would" you get a 6d unless wifi is absolutely necessary to you? 5DII is a much better value

The 5DII is good value for the price. The 6D is good value for the price too I think.

I never really thought about "consumer ergonomics" before I bought the 6D. And I'm happy to report that it just feels right. I can hold it in my right hand and reach all the buttons used in the course of making a shot.

It feels solid. There is no plastic feel to it at all. It feels better in my hand than my 5D2 did.

The WiFi works great, but it eats battery power like there is no tomorrow. I'm glad I bought an extra battery, but now I wish I bought a third because I can see the first battery won't be recharged by the time the second battery expires.

Jan 04, 2013 at 06:53 AM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:
Just curious. I am very close to pulling the trigger not sure what is holding me back.

Shooting motorbikes is my favorite, so I went with the 5D3 for the AF. Don't get me wrong, I shot plenty of great motorbike action with my 5D2, but I was ready to get back to the proper keeper rate. If I didn't shoot motorbikes, I'd be all over the 6D.

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Beni
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

1/4000 shutter speed and I'm a wide open shooter, no joystick, plastic body parts (I'm rough on my cameras) and single (effective) point AF system.

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:36 AM
danb121
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:

I'm close to pulling the trigger on one too and I will do... but I always seem to hold back when I'm about to spend a large amount of money... which to me £1700 is a fair amount of cash; even though it's sitting there waiting for me to spend it on a ff dslr

I wish that we had US prices in the UK lol

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:48 AM
Eyvind Ness
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Because I am totally spoiled by the AF system of the 5DmkIII :-) Also, I do not like the ergonomics of the smaller Canon DSLRs (i.e. smaller than 5D-size bodies) and I much prefer CF cards to SD cards.

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:53 AM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Michaelparris wrote:

because i have the 5D3 and I like it better, i wouldn't by any means want to give up that AF, the fps, the moire free video, the much nicer UI, CF cards of which I have many and it's not like the 6D sensor is much better, it appears to be a bit better for low ISO DR but it is still likely only around 1Ds3 levels at best and nothing like a D600/D800 so there really is nothing about it to tempt me and if there had been no 5D3 and only the 6D I probably would have just kept my 5D2 to be honest

(and mostly because 6 5D3 and 21 1DX are enough)

Jan 04, 2013 at 07:56 AM
RobDickinson
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Beni wrote:
1/4000 shutter speed and I'm a wide open shooter, no joystick, plastic body parts (I'm rough on my cameras) and single (effective) point AF system.

I'm not, and to me it feels more solid and better put together than the 5d2. Not convinced on the ergonomics but on balance I would pick it over a 5d2.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:29 AM
vsg28
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Having gone from the 60D to the 7D, I can safely say I will have a real hard time going back to a body without the joystick or a 100% viewfinder. That, along with the AF system disappointment, are reasons I will not be getting the 6D.

Having said that, I am very excited for wifi/gps and the new sensor tech to be incorporated in future bodies.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:48 AM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

I already have two 5D Mk2's - there is no point for me. I'm not even going to buy the 5Dmk3 as there is no resolution advantage. I would be interested in a large MP body but fear it is going to be a 1 series body and way more than I am prepared to spend so might have to just settle for the 7Dmk2 upgrade for my 7D if the high iso is better.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:49 AM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Pros are the improved low light sensitivity of the AF sensor, wi-fi and somewhat faster shutterlag compared to the 5D2.

Cons are 1/4000th limited and only 1/180th sync speed (which will be 1/125 with my Skyports).

The real question to me is if the 6D sensor has clean pushable shadows (especially in the red channel)?

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:36 AM
sqdstf
• •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Viewfinder killed it for me.

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:38 AM
Tony B
• • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Why "wont" you be getting the 6d.....

Deciding on waiting for 7D upgrade or purchasing 1DIV now. Have 5DIII & 1DIII.

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:55 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password