Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Under the Pier

buckeyeguy1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Under the Pier

I took this one in September at the Topsail Beach Pier, NC. Things have finally settled down a little and I have been able to play around a little. Still new to Landscapes.

My New Years resolution is to get more into Landscapes. I plan on keeping my D5000 kit in the truck all year long so there is no excuse when I see something that interests me.

NIKON D700    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    55mm    f/22.0    1/2s    100 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Jan 03, 2013 at 07:23 PM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Under the Pier

A pretty nice pier shot you have here. I would only suggest to lose that bit of rock there on the bottom edge towards the left.

Yeah, it's a good idea to always keep a camera with you, the D5000 will do just fine.

Jim

Jan 03, 2013 at 08:28 PM
LizzieShepherd
• • •
p.1 #3 · Under the Pier

This has a nice feel to it - I'd agree with Jim's suggestion re the rock. I think it would make a nice long exposure image too - just to simplify things and make the pier really stand out.
Lizzie

Jan 03, 2013 at 09:09 PM
buckeyeguy1
• •
p.1 #4 · Under the Pier

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try cloning that out. If memory serves me correctly, I believe that was a cutoff timber that was used for the pier at one point in time.

I have been looking at getting a ND filter or two, but not sure what to get. I know there are a lot of Lee fans, but the $300+ starter kit is a bit spendy for my skill level.

How many stops do you guys (and gals) use? I was thinking a 3 stop to start.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:30 AM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password