Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Studio Cloud

iShoot
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Studio Cloud

Does anyone here use StudioCloud for bookkeeping, scheduling, etc?

Jan 03, 2013 at 07:34 AM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Studio Cloud

I installed it recently and have been trying it out. Seems like a pretty good tool.

Jan 03, 2013 at 03:00 PM
mjgphotoz

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Studio Cloud

I have been using SC for over a year and it keeps getting better. I started with the free
version, which by the way, now offers sync with your other devices, unlike the original which required CloudBoost at $30 per month. I upgraded after about a month to CB in order to use my laptops off premise and use my client data on my iphone. This works for both Mac and Windows and the interface is identical. You have a choice of several add on options at varying reasonable monthly charges. As of Dec. 31, 2012 Cloudboost is no longer available. Instead, the free version will now sync with your units without monthly charges. I believe you must now manually push the sync button to do this whereas EB does it behind the scene just like CB used to do, and email I believe is no longer included. EB now costs $60 per month, but you can get very close to the original for free. I was a little stunned to hear this thinking my monthly fee would go up. NO IT DID NOT. In an almost unheard of move in today's economic quagmire, StudioCloud updated all existing Boost clients to Employee status at their existing $30 per month charge. A very classy move. The software itself, has had numerous updates, and the update process at first was very annoying. As of the past 5-6 month, the updates run very smoothly and immediately without the original hassles. I do not store my data on the cloud as of now, but you may if you wish and I intend to do so just as a fall back so they can restore/work on the system if needed. I normally have used the backup to local computer as I do month end closeout and immediately copy to multiple backup drives. The accounting system is actually rather photographer handy and you really can customize it quiet well. It is capable of outputing into Quickbooks if you use them or CVS. I don't use QB so I print my .pdfs and save a copy on my computer and backups as well as have a printed month end file. Just my personal preference. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer in light of my experience. Note, my studio is a one man show and I cannot speak to the employee part of the system, but I see no reason it would not work well given my experience with the portions of the product I use. My accountant was quite satisfied with the reports.

Jan 03, 2013 at 06:55 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password