Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Shadow on right side of frame

misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #1 · Shadow on right side of frame

Recently I have noticed on my 5Dc a faint shadow appearing on the right upper 1/4 portion of the frame. It's in some frames, and not in others. Before I send it into Canon, has anyone experience this or know what it could be ? It looks almost how a frame would look if a cloud were to shade out some of the sun in a frame. Weird.

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:11 AM
dwweiche
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Shadow on right side of frame

A picture would be helpful.

Operating with no info, my first guess would be an improperly mounted lens hood.

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:20 AM
misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #3 · Shadow on right side of frame

No, not the lens hood because on a series of three vertical frames, two have the shadow and one doesn't.

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:58 AM
Wobble
• • •
p.1 #4 · Shadow on right side of frame

Has the mirror fix been done?

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:27 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Shadow on right side of frame

Camera strap vignette? Been there a few times...

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:50 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Monito
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Shadow on right side of frame

misty23 wrote:
Recently I have noticed on my 5Dc a faint shadow appearing on the right upper 1/4 portion of the frame

Any reason not to post a picture or two? Especially after you were asked in the first sentence of the first response to do so and you made a reply that ignored the request?

It could be a camera strap as suggested or shutter failure, but ... post a picture (with EXIF info intact).

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:02 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · Shadow on right side of frame

It could be shutter failure. Post a few images and check to see if it occurs at higher shutter speeds. I would hesitate to use the camera until you figure out if it is a shutter failure.

Jan 03, 2013 at 03:52 PM
misty23
• •
Account locked
p.1 #8 · Shadow on right side of frame

Thanks Jerry, im thinking the same thing. I had the shutter replaced last year by Canon and probably only have less than 10,000 expos on it. Unfortunately the 6 month warranty time has run out..

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:31 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Shadow on right side of frame

A sample? Please?

(There are a number of possibilities, but quite a few of them could quickly be eliminated by seeing an example. Let us know if you aren't certain how to post a sample and someone here will help you figure it out.)

Dan

Jan 04, 2013 at 04:11 PM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Shadow on right side of frame

Like others have said, a picture would help a lot.
AFAIK, shutter failure usually manifests itself has a brighter area, not darker.
It is caused by the shutter failing to close in time, hence the brighter area (more light hits the sensor) and why it's more prevalent at higher shutter speeds.

Jan 04, 2013 at 04:55 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password