Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

AMaji
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

The Virgin River meandering through the forests colored bright during the Fall Season with the magnificent red rocks in the background creates a breathtaking view. There are many places where one can stop and just enjoy. Taken at one of those stops along the Scenic Drive in Zion.

Thank you for looking and your time. Your comments and criticism are always welcome.

AMaji 2012

Virgin River and Fall Colors

NIKON D800    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/22.0    1/2s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:09 AM
ucphotog
• •
p.1 #2 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

I love the reds in the cliff.

I'm wondering if this might have looked a bit better with somewhat less river and a bit more of the cliffs. In other words, if the camera were angled up a bit higher and/or if the camera was down a bit lower. Just a thought.

Thanks for sharing.

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:21 AM
JimFox
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Hey Maji,

What cool colors you got there. I like how you captured that, the river area there in the fall is an area I have not really explored, but it looks like I am going to have to.

Jim

Jan 03, 2013 at 03:54 AM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

This is one of my favorite parts of the park. The beautiful maples in the background are set off nicely from the massive sandstone cliff. I've spent many hours wandering this stretch of river, and this shot brings back many great memories.

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:07 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Excellent representation of the beauty of that place. I agree with the other comments, and like it as is.

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:13 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

teked
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Very nice, as is. Nice to still see some fall shots.

Cheers,
Ed

Jan 03, 2013 at 12:55 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. I am just getting done with processing a few of the pictures I took there in Zion. It is slow going for me.

Here is a vertical format as ucphotog had suggested. Please let me know which one you like better.

Thank you again.

AMaji 2012

Virgin River and Fall Colors - Portrait

NIKON D800    24.0-70.0 mm f/2.8 lens    24mm    f/16.0    1/3s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:05 PM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Two beauties, AMaji. (Spelling correction- sorry ).
Although Zion Canyon has a definite vertical element to it, I tend to favor horizontal representations of it.
As I do here- the first image is my favorite.
Charlie

Edited on Jan 03, 2013 at 10:26 PM · View previous versions

Jan 03, 2013 at 07:20 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #9 · Virgin River and Fall Colors - Zion NP

Thank you Charlie. My favorite is the horizontal also and that is why I presented it first. The curve in the river and the trees in fall color are more prominent in the horizontal, imo. However, the vertical gives the feel of the Zion Canyons, which is also cool.

Jan 03, 2013 at 10:01 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password