Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines
One new topic per day

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Deer Cave

Juhku
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Deer Cave

This is from Deer Cave in Gunung Mulu national park Malaysia. It's a blend of three exposures. It wasn't easy to do for me but I really like the result.

Jan 02, 2013 at 05:20 PM
AMaji
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Deer Cave

Nice image. However, HDR works well with this kind of images. Need to show some details of the cave walls and the outside for a better effect.

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:01 PM
dpg109
• •
p.1 #3 · Deer Cave

agree with Amaji. Very nice composition still. I think you can get this one pretty good with some tinkering.

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:04 PM
AndrewThomas
• • •
p.1 #4 · Deer Cave

I think you have done a very nice job with this...sometimes its nice to have some dark areas with a bit of mystery!
cheers Andrew

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:51 PM
stanparker
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Deer Cave

Juhku, I like this very much as it is. I think there is enough detail in the cave for my tastes. The shadows add to the drama.

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Scott Kroeker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Deer Cave

I like it as is too. The dark areas add make the image have more depth. Great results for a difficult subject and lighting.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:05 PM
dbehrens
• • •
p.1 #7 · Deer Cave

I like it just as it is - well done!
Dave

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:44 AM
Juhku
• •
p.1 #8 · Deer Cave

Thanks everyone! I was trying to keep it natural and was worrying about contrast between trees and cave. Nice to hear most of you think I did it "right".

I had fourth image for highlights in trees but decided to leave it unused and blow out some highlights because i think it looks better like that. And guess what? I didn't have tripod. :|

Jan 03, 2013 at 10:35 AM
kurt765
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Deer Cave

I like it as it is too. Hurray for dynamic range! Not everything needs to be compressed.

Jan 03, 2013 at 01:52 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password