New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · DLSR to social media

Daan B
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DLSR to social media

Is there a way to upload JPEG files from a Canon DLSR directly to social media, such as facebook and twitter?

If yes, how does one do this?

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:38 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DLSR to social media

http://mostly-tech.com/2012/12/26/how-to-upload-photos-directly-from-your-camera-to-facebook-or-instagram/

Perhaps?

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:49 AM
RedRinger

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DLSR to social media

If the camera uses SD memory cards, then an Eye-Fi card can also do a similar job in terms of uploading images to a smart phone (or a computer) and then onto a social media.

Haven't seen how 6d performs for this, but based on the link above, it seems to have a better implementation than Eye-Fi.

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:42 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DLSR to social media

Yea, Eye-Fi is the way to go for this. I used it a lot in my 1D Mark III and you can set it up a number of different ways, one is to use an app on an iphone which automatically uploads photos to facebook as soon as they're received from the camera.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Monito
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DLSR to social media

What is lacking is a way to insert a watermark onto the photo after resizing it.

If you upload a high rez photo straight out of the camera, unwatermarked, to Instagram and Facebook, you are as good as giving it away.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:49 AM
Will Patterson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · DLSR to social media

Monito wrote:
What is lacking is a way to insert a watermark onto the photo after resizing it.

If you upload a high rez photo straight out of the camera, unwatermarked, to Instagram and Facebook, you are as good as giving it away.

I never uploaded anything other than small low-quality JPG's, and my copyright notice is embedded in the photos which Facebook automatically posts in the description field.

But I would also upload full-rez photos to clients via email, sometimes via text which was very handy.

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · DLSR to social media

Okay, what if I don't want to buy a 6D and have a camera that only uses CF cards?

Jan 02, 2013 at 05:15 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · DLSR to social media

Daan B wrote:
Okay, what if I don't want to buy a 6D and have a camera that only uses CF cards?

You can stick a SD WiFi card in a CF adapter. However, I'd hate to be stuck using such a rig as I take too many images. I prefer to use a wire interface to upload to an iPhone/iPad and then to FB.

Jan 02, 2013 at 05:33 PM
Daan B
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · DLSR to social media

Gochugogi wrote:
You can stick a SD WiFi card in a CF adapter. However, I'd hate to be stuck using such a rig as I take too many images. I prefer to use a wire interface to upload to an iPhone/iPad and then to FB.

What kind of wire interface do you use?

Jan 03, 2013 at 03:45 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · DLSR to social media

I use the Apple iPad connection kit on my iPad 2. A lot of people say it doesn't work because they neglected to choose a connection protocol on the camera. It works perfectly as a USB device under PTP or PictBridge. Once in the iPad, you can upload directly to FB from the Photo app.

Jan 03, 2013 at 04:31 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · DLSR to social media

Gochugogi wrote:
I use the Apple iPad connection kit on my iPad 2. A lot of people say it doesn't work because they neglected to choose a connection protocol on the camera. It works perfectly as a USB device under PTP or PictBridge. Once in the iPad, you can upload directly to FB from the Photo app.

Yep the cam connection kit works a treat . BUT I find the wired part too slow unless I'm using just jpegs . And if I'm uploading loads of jpegs there is always a danger of knocking any part of the combo and breaking the connection.

So I've started to use an SD/CF adapter in my 7D . Newer ones are quite fast with a decent SD card I there.
Not upto newer CF speedsbut I find it ok. The newer fw in the 7D helped also (by extending the buffers)

I did a test of a few of the cards I have and found my SD 32gigs (Samsung class 10) were better than half the speed of my transcend 400x with a full buffer of raw files . But they were actually faster than some of my older CF cards (old Sandisk ultra2 etc) .

But I would also say that as the cam connection kit only works with the iPad (I tried on my iPhone 4 and it wouldn't work) then for extra convienence you can use an AIRSTASH (which you insert you SD card into) . This will send your images to an iPhone (iPad as well) plus just about any android phone/tablet. It's quite quick . It will also (at the cost of speed) send the embedded jpeg from a raw file (can send the whole raw if needed) , which means you don't have to clog up the iPad with bulky raw files .

Jan 03, 2013 at 07:40 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.