Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2013 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

The Petapixel web site is reporting that the latest issue of the Japanese magazine, Impress, is making some predictions about Canon cameras to be released during 2013. You can read it here.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:28 AM
ggreene
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

Love the reference to the 1DXs. I never thought that unifying the two bodies was a good idea. If true, it will be interesting to hear all the Canon marketing people backtracking on their statements that the 1DX replaces both the 1D and 1Ds. Will look like all it was was another price hike as they could not sustain the $4999 price model of the 1D.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

I'm up for a Nikon D7200 with a 14-24. Just to make my 5D MKIII jealous.

Jan 02, 2013 at 03:07 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

1DsX

Canon marketing people won't have to say anything about past statements. What did Nikon say after introducing their first FF DSLR?

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

70D with 3fps; utter BS

Jan 02, 2013 at 01:30 PM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

Pixel Perfect wrote:
70D with 3fps; utter BS

If that were the case - completely. Talk about wilfully taking a key to a beautiful paint job. Canon... grrrr .

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:10 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

Pixel Perfect wrote:
70D with 3fps; utter BS

That is just poor translation. They are talking about 3" articulate LCD, not 3 fps.

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:12 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.1 #8 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

jcolwell wrote:
1DsX
Canon marketing people won't have to say anything about past statements. What did Nikon say after introducing their first FF DSLR?

Assuming this turns out to be true, why would they bother to make any statements at all about unification? If they are releasing a 1DXs in 2013 they probably started to develop it in 2011.

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:16 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

ggreene wrote:
Assuming this turns out to be true, why would they bother to make any statements at all about unification?

...because it's appropriate for the time.

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:17 PM
thw2
• • • •
p.1 #10 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

jcolwell wrote:

It should be noted that sometimes the so-called official company representatives who made those sweeping stupid statements do not know what goes on in Japan HQ.

That is also why I never trust what Canon and Nikon reps from USA and Europe say about their company products and roadmaps. Only the Japanese reps know what they are saying.

Jan 02, 2013 at 02:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dhphoto
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

I would be very surprised if we got to this time next year and the highest resolution pro Canon body was still only 18 meg.

I think there will almost certainly be a high meg 1DXs or similar in due course

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:33 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.1 #12 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if all those cameras get announced within the next year, but of course specs would not be exact.

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:58 PM
retrofocus
• • • •
p.1 #13 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

I expect now after reading the latest rumors the high MP body coming as another 1D body series with presumably a steep price tag. Definitely a year of rest and no upgrading for me since Canon will likely miss out on a real D800 or predecessor competitor model.

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:19 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

dhphoto wrote:
I would be very surprised if we got to this time next year and the highest resolution pro Canon body was still only 18 meg.

I think there will almost certainly be a high meg 1DXs or similar in due course

But perhaps a multilayer sensor without an AA filter?

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:42 PM
StillFingerz
• • • •
p.1 #15 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

My predictions for 2013...I'm going to enjoy photography, perhaps shoot more often.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:48 PM
corndog
• • • •
p.1 #16 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

^^^ That sounds nice. It's tough to get excited about an unknown camera model that is likely 6+ months away from solid specs.

Jan 02, 2013 at 09:50 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

thw2 wrote:
That is just poor translation. They are talking about 3" articulate LCD, not 3 fps.

They edited the article and removed the reference to 3fps. Now it makes more sense.

Jan 02, 2013 at 11:20 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • •
p.1 #18 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

Hasn't Canon released everything I can't afford already?

Jan 03, 2013 at 01:24 AM
NCAndy
• • •
p.1 #19 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

My prediction is the 1DXs or whatever it is called will make the 1Dx look inexpensive.

Jan 03, 2013 at 01:34 AM
sirimiri
• • • •
p.1 #20 · Canon Camera Predictions for 2013

Canon hasn't been making new lens designs with new prices and truly excellent resolution and clarity, for nothing.

The only question is, as we are all asking, when will the next high MP body (above the 5DIII) come out and what will the pixel count be?

I think we will see a 30+ megapixel Canon body in 2013, but what form/nomenclature it takes I couldn't say, Canon has been reliably unpredictable the past year.

I'm not original in saying this, but it seems to me that Canon has prioritized the elements that constitute overall performance in their own way. They've been updating their available focal lengths and types, ensuring very high performance for the new ones (and prices to match), they've added radio transmission to their top-tier speedlight system, are adding Wi-Fi and GPS either discretely or in body, are now using touchscreens, finally burped out a digital EOS IX (sans mirror), etc. etc.

The major competitor(s) are probably fine just buying sensors from Sony, but surely Canon is working on what it can aside from that. Until they come out with something really new in the sensor department, they improve the line in a variety of other ways in the meantime.

But the market has changed a lot in the past three years Canon looks to be building a foundation for a house that needs to have a roof, and soon.

Jan 03, 2013 at 02:08 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password