Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

Robb Mann
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

Im a recent V1 owner. I have gained a lot of respect for the little camera since buying it.

However, i do a lot of studio work and strobe work. I want a hotshoe sync so I can use a radio trigger.

In the past few weeks Ive found several people who have commented that the lack of such a hotshoe was a big reason they never bought the camera.

Nikon makes a cold-shoe adapter. How stupid. $1 in materials and that couldve/shouldve been a real hotshoe, or at least a coldshoe with a PC sync port.

Come on Nikon. Fix this so the camera can be much more useful.

If you agree, please comment. Perhas someone at Nikon will see this.

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:06 AM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

I don't think studio shooting was one of the primary concerns when building this camera. This isn't to say that it shouldn't have it --- just that it's not the right tool for that sort of task.

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:19 AM
david debalko
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

I have D4's and D3's and the V1 for when I am traveling light for personal use, not sure why I would choose the V1 over my DSLR's for shooting with strobes, but can't you just bounce the V1 flash and slave your studio strobes off that?
and by the way-I am enjoying the V1

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:32 AM
Robb Mann
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

With the fairly large sensor and the electronic shutter the v1 has the makings of a potentially awesome high speed sync camera. I'm currently using my lx-5 for that, and it syncs to 1/1000 -1/2000 all day long. I hate falling back on optical sync.

I've also played with the V1 with the Samyang 85 f1.4. It's a nice compact portrait combo. A 250mm f1.4...

Jan 01, 2013 at 11:28 AM
Tanegashima
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Nikon V1 hotshoe or sync port!

Robb Mann wrote:
With the fairly large sensor and the electronic shutter the v1 has the makings of a potentially awesome high speed sync camera. I'm currently using my lx-5 for that, and it syncs to 1/1000 -1/2000 all day long. I hate falling back on optical sync.

I've also played with the V1 with the Samyang 85 f1.4. It's a nice compact portrait combo. A 250mm f1.4...

Correction: 250 f/3.7

Only f/1.4 in terms of light transmission

Jan 01, 2013 at 01:27 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.