Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2013 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

David Baldwin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

For those in the UK I've just spotted Warehouse Express' latest price on the 5D2:

http://www.wexphotographic.com/buy-canon-eos-5d-mark-ii-digital-slr-camera-body/p1027970

1249 for a new 5D2 is amazing! BTW I have no business interest in this dealer, but thought the price worth pointing out!

It certainly makes me wonder what the 6D will go for once the 6D2 is out, my next full frame upgrade may well end up costing me less than I thought.

Happy new year.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:38 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

It seems it is a discontinued camera so I guess they are trying to clear stock at what is still a lot of money for a 3 year old bit of kit.....

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:44 PM
eosfun
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

It won't be long and we will only see second hand 5dmkII's anymore. It's 6D EOSfun from now on. A 6D2 is not on the way. Anyway 6D EOSfun is affordable full frame already and it will be cheaper this year. Since today the MSRP price in the Netherlands is already in the 1800's euro and I expect it to go to go into the 1500 euro direction after the first series have been delivered. Canon has a huge production capacity for this model and it is definitely going to play the lower price card to pump up the volumes.

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:55 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

eosfun wrote:
It won't be long and we will only see second hand 5dmkII's anymore. It's 6D EOSfun from now on. A 6D2 is not on the way. Anyway 6D EOSfun is affordable full frame already and it will be cheaper this year. Since today the MSRP price in the Netherlands is already in the 1800's euro and I expect it to go to go into the 1500 euro direction after the first series have been delivered. Canon has a huge production capacity for this model and it is definitely going to play the lower price card to pump up the volumes.

I imagine the same. Nikons D 600 went down about 25% within tree month after sales started here in germany (Amazon). I do not see any cause, why something comparable should not happen with 6D.

Ralph

Jan 01, 2013 at 09:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

David Baldwin
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

Wow, tough crowd. Never thought to see a new 5D2 for such a low price.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Ralph Conway
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

The 5D II did not had a competitor (FF) for the first three years. FF is getting less special and more common theses days. The FF-intro cameras will be sold in big numbers I guess. And next to this in my opinion it was much more expensive to develop/produce the 4 year old FF technology than it is/will be with the new generation ones. The difference in FF to crop is the sensor size in main. FF-sensors where much more expensive. The more they get standard (and imo they will be the standard soon) so less the price difference will turn out. And last but not least it looks like the Yen is loosing its strength.

Ralph

Edited on Jan 02, 2013 at 09:04 AM · View previous versions

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:05 AM
Paul Mo
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · UK price cuts on the 5D2

Good points Ralph. I guess the new Japanese govt. will shore the yen up quite a bit though.

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:48 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password