Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

Pandemic
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

I find that if I grab my camera, go out and shoot........... questions like these aren't as important anymore.

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:10 AM
heikoM
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

Funny, everyone complains about gear talk, and how much it is not important to someone...

... still, these posts go on and on (o:

Jan 04, 2013 at 11:38 AM
D. Diggler
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

form wrote:
the overall look when shot near wide open

More often than not I've felt that the 85L, when shot wide open, obliterates the background TOO much so that you lose context.

Jan 04, 2013 at 05:45 PM
form
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

In some shots, context isn't needed...I'm a dreaming person who wants to live in (or at least take photos of) a dream world. This image - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phohe/4977357384/ - is a good example of part of that dream world I would like to be able to create in photos.

Jan 04, 2013 at 08:34 PM
LivLif
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

form wrote:
In some shots, context isn't needed...I'm a dreaming person who wants to live in (or at least take photos of) a dream world. This image - http://www.flickr.com/photos/phohe/4977357384/ - is a good example of part of that dream world I would like to be able to create in photos.

I love gear just as much as the next. I would love to have the 85mm 1.2 but I shoot Nikon. I'm happy with what I have now. Even though NIkon has really pissed me off. I plan to stay with them. I think...

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:15 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

Dude... if you are hell bent on the 85L... then just get that.
Who cares.

I used to actually lose sleep over my Canon gear. Would it work, would it not work... would it randomly stop focusing, would my 35L funk out and go crazy during a shoot. I NEVER worried about bokeh...

Went to Nikon and never worried again. I worry more now about what Fuji is going to offer as the X100s comes out next week.
Find something that works for you and don't look back. I trust my Nikon stuff 100%. I pick it up and it works and that is one less thing I have to think about during the wedding day.

Get to that point with either the Nikon or the Canon stuff and your blood pressure will go way down.

Jan 04, 2013 at 09:23 PM
LivLif
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

hardlyboring wrote:
I worry more now about what Fuji is going to offer as the X100s comes out next week.

OH YEAH! I'm looking forward to this announcement as well! I'm definitely picking one up to shoot alongside and backup my D4. I know people will think I'm crazy but when I had the original X100 I LOVED that camera. My only issue was inconsistent AF. If they fixed that this camera will be a WINNER!

Jan 04, 2013 at 10:37 PM
hardlyboring
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

The X100s will have focus peaking... FINALLY... however it will also have the whack Xtrans sensor which was a great idea until the files SUCKED and their was no raw conversion. If Fuji can sort the raw support out and the weird "painty" thing with the xtrans they might have a winner....

That is if their is no lag when pressed the shutter button to when a shot is taken. Even when focus is locked on the current x100 it still thinks a second then shoots. Hopefully that is all sorted out soon.

Jan 05, 2013 at 03:26 AM
LivLif
• • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

hardlyboring wrote:
The X100s will have focus peaking... FINALLY... however it will also have the whack Xtrans sensor which was a great idea until the files SUCKED and their was no raw conversion. If Fuji can sort the raw support out and the weird "painty" thing with the xtrans they might have a winner....

That is if their is no lag when pressed the shutter button to when a shot is taken. Even when focus is locked on the current x100 it still thinks a second then shoots. Hopefully that is all sorted out soon.

I hope so. Looks like the new Capture One software has figured this raw conversion thing out. At least that is what the blogs are saying.

Jan 05, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Johnny5liter
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Lenses, Canon vs Nikon...

D. Diggler wrote:
The right image is the $500 lens. The left image is the $2000 lens. Maybe you should look again?

Oh ok...Then I change my mind. I prefer the image on the right!

Jan 05, 2013 at 04:04 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.