Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson v700 or not???

TooManyShots
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson v700 or not???

I have a chance to pickup the v700 for cheap but I am currently using a 2 months old Canon 9000f. So far, I am very happy with the result. See some examples here. They are all scanned at 1600 dpi but resized to 1024 resolution.

I shoot mostly 6x6. I don't want to get the v700 if I would not see any real world advantages over my Canon. I don't want to get the v700 not knowing if I can resell the Canon for a reasonable price. I don't print much. Maybe 8x10 the most.

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:56 AM
luminosity
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson v700 or not???

Yo've already answered your own question. Don't change.

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:03 AM
TooManyShots
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson v700 or not???

luminosity wrote:
Yo've already answered your own question. Don't change.

Really? Is that what separated the v700 and the "lower end" flatbed scanners, the native optical dpi? I am hoping someone would tell me that I would see more details and shadows and better looking sky using the v700. Another issues I have with my Canon is that it can not render or scan the blue sky smoothly. Very blotchy looking with streaks of lines.

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:20 AM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson v700 or not???

I don't know the Canon, but own the V750. With medium format negatives, it is easy to get a nice 20-25MP scan, with good dynamic range, if it is there in the negative.

Jan 01, 2013 at 12:38 PM
jamesf99
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson v700 or not???

Hmmm. Not sure I'd get the 700 (I have a 750) unless it was a great price. Now if it was a new 750 you were talking about and the software was up to date (AI Studio 8 I think), I might jump on it.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:41 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password