Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Sold: Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 (new AF motor)

mrpalaviccini
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 (new AF motor)

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 28-70mm f/2.8 AF-S

Sold

Price: $1,045.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean
Shipping instructions: USPS or FedEx to CONUS

Short Description:
This lens is in great shape and has been recently serviced/cleaned/calibrated by Nikon. It has a brand new AF motor, zoom, and contacts. It comes with box, a brand new leather case, and a brand new lens hood.

Lond Description:
I originally bought it here on FM (https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1109789/0?keyword=nikon,28-70#10593626) with a couple of issues (read description in previous post). After the purchase, I decided I wanted to get everything looked at by KEH, so I sent it in to them. The zoom mechanism was starting to get stiff and the aperture wasn't working properly (as seen in the original post). KEH recommended that I send it in to Nikon, which they did for me. Nikon looked it over and recommended that I service it with the following changes:

- replace autofocus motor
- replace zoom mechanism
- replace intermediate barrel
- replace contacts
- clean and calibrate to Nikon specs

I paid $483 to get it fixed and now it works like a charm. The zoom mechanism is smooth, as is the focus ring. The autofocus is fast and responsive. On my D300s, it didn't need any AF fine tuning with the LensAlign Mk II. I sold the LensAlign so I haven't been able to calibrate it with my D800, but I just shot a wedding with it and it seemed to be spot on at both the wide and tele end.

After I got it back, I ended up buying a box, case, and lens hood for it. The box is in great shape, minus small (1" square) piece where I believe the UPC used to be. The leather case CL-74 is brand new with no markings. I don't have the strap for it though. I also bought a brand new HB-19 genuine Nikon hood from BHPhoto. It has been used exactly one time and is still in brand new condition. The photos show the old lens hood which had some markings and didn't stay on the lens very well. I can take photos of the new lens hood, but it's brand new!

Basically, the lens is like new! Excellent glass with clean aperture blades, fast autofocus, and brand new parts. There are some minor blemishes on the body, and I can take detailed photos of them if you are interested.

I am looking to get $1050 net to me. Feel free to make any reasonable offers. I accept Paypal (we can split the fees) and will ship insured via either FedEx or USPS with tracking/delivery confirmation.

My eBay acct is mrp1124 with 150+ 100% positive feedback. I would be willing to meet up in Central Florida if you would like.

Edited on Jan 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM · View previous versions

Dec 31, 2012 at 01:36 PM
mrpalaviccini
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 (new AF motor)

Forgot to mention that I have all of the paperwork and will provide it with the purchase. Feel free to make any reasonable offers. Looking to sell this guy relatively soon.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:37 AM
mrpalaviccini
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Nikon 28-70 f/2.8 (new AF motor)

bump

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.