New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lacemaker

Oosty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lacemaker

I'm experimenting with some of my old slides and photographed this Kodachrome taken in Teneriffe in 1972 using my Pentax Spotmatic this morning. A very crude technique Scotch tape onto a window with a cloudy backdrop, Nikon D200 with MF 105 2.5 and all the extension tubes in my armoury.

I then converted the result using PSE 6

Dec 31, 2012 at 05:30 AM
Charlie Shugart
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lacemaker

I forgot about all the white and looked at the woman- her expression and body language.
This is a wonderful image, Peter.
If you're planning on returning to many of your old slides- there is a better way.
I checked around and found a good-but-cheap scanner, and it has potential that is beyond my skills- so I've been very happy with it for the last three years.
It's a flatbed: Epson Perfection V500 Photo
About US$150 through the internet
Charlie

Dec 31, 2012 at 06:43 PM
Oosty
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lacemaker

Charlie Shugart wrote:
I forgot about all the white and looked at the woman- her expression and body language.
This is a wonderful image, Peter.
If you're planning on returning to many of your old slides- there is a better way.
I checked around and found a good-but-cheap scanner, and it has potential that is beyond my skills- so I've been very happy with it for the last three years.
It's a flatbed: Epson Perfection V500 Photo
About US$150 through the internet
Charlie

Thanks Charlie - even though it was 40 years ago, I remember her resignation. She was working in one of those "hole in the wall" places with the sun streaming in onto her work surface. I'm actually surprised she could see what she was doing.

I've thought about buying a scanner but will rpobably build my own using an old projector - it gives me something more to keep me amused and I can use my MF Nikkor lenses and post some of the results on that thread too.

Happy new year!

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:20 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.