Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Love / Hate

Peacekpr
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · Love / Hate

@anthonygh, Any idea where I can get some new strings for my air guitar?

Jan 01, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Love / Hate

I love/hate my Canon 50mm f/1.4. It was the first lens for my long-time-gone Canon D30. It worked quite well on that 3MP crop body. I've owned it for over 10 years and when stepping down 2 or 3 stops, it's still an excellent lens.

Jan 01, 2013 at 11:45 PM
big country
• • • •
p.2 #3 · Love / Hate

85L. love the lens, but hardly use it anymore. want to sell but know i'll regret it.

Jan 01, 2013 at 11:52 PM
ggreene
• • •
p.2 #4 · Love / Hate

135L was a double edged sword for me. Loved the extra stop of light at f2 but hated the thin DOF. Had to shoot it along with the 85/1.8 when I had just my 1D2 as it's high ISO in low light gyms was not very good and I needed the shutter speed. 1D4 solved that and I was able to move on to a 70-200 2.8 which was so much more versatile.

Jan 02, 2013 at 12:44 AM
jerbear00
• • •
p.2 #5 · Love / Hate

No lens but I feel this way occasionally about my 5dii. Man great photos but those damn outer focal points. Still hunting

Jan 02, 2013 at 01:01 AM
irieweasel
• • •
p.2 #6 · Love / Hate

I agree with stanj, definitely the 50L for me. I have bought, sold, re-purchased, traded and now it is in the mail and on its way back into my bag again. Exemplifies a love/hate definition in my mind, and I've decided I can't live without it.

Jan 02, 2013 at 01:07 AM
gome1122
• • •
p.2 #7 · Love / Hate

Right now my Canon 70-200 f/4. It is a little more hate. I love it because I mostly do sports, so it is a great lens for that. But I hate it because it is soft as anything and f/4 sometimes doesn't cut it. Looking to upgrade. Maybe it will be a little more love than hate with a f/2.8 version.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:35 AM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.2 #8 · Love / Hate

gome1122 wrote:
Right now my Canon 70-200 f/4. It is a little more hate. I love it because I mostly do sports, so it is a great lens for that. But I hate it because it is soft as anything and f/4 sometimes doesn't cut it. Looking to upgrade. Maybe it will be a little more love than hate with a f/2.8 version.

That's normally a very dry sharp zoom wide open. Sounding like it needs MA or service. I had a decentered one (blurry left side) and Canon Service made it tack sharp.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:42 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

retrofocus
• • • •
p.2 #9 · Love / Hate

Not really hate, but always in doubt with my 85/1.8. Often the frame is either too short or too close with it depending on the situation - I always go back either using my 50/1.2 or the 135/2. But when I use it, it is a great lens.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:02 PM
subjectochange
• •
p.2 #10 · Love / Hate

stanj wrote:
50L. Fiercely. I keep comparing it to my high school girlfriend.

Agreed, I love her bokeh. I hate that she has mercurial sharpness, especially 1.2-1.4. Why can't she be as consistent at all apertures as my lovely 85L?

Jan 02, 2013 at 05:45 PM
boingyman
• • •
p.2 #11 · Love / Hate

Sigma 30.

Jan 02, 2013 at 07:49 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #12 · Love / Hate

Tom K. wrote:
What lens do you now or in the past have a Love / Hate relationship with?

Tom, after almost 2 years of relatively frequent 800L use, I continue to have divided feelings about the lens, and I am on my 2nd copy.

Jan 02, 2013 at 08:09 PM
anthonygh
• • •
p.2 #13 · Love / Hate

timbop wrote:
Wow. Maybe you're the one that needs to get out more?

I did ...out of marriage and out of the internet world...and out of being obsessed by photographic gear. Worth trying some time...the best camera in the world is no substitute for having a life...whatever either might be.....

Jan 02, 2013 at 10:54 PM
timbop
• • • • •
p.2 #14 · Love / Hate

anthonygh wrote:
I did ...out of marriage and out of the internet world...and out of being obsessed by photographic gear. Worth trying some time...the best camera in the world is no substitute for having a life...whatever either might be.....

I actually put a combined 40K clicks on my cameras, all of which occur in the real world. My second job of shooting weddings pays my daughter's tuition; my wife of 25 years doesn't like giving up saturday nights but understands. Having actually taken part in raising my kids and making time for the wife, I am pretty sure I "have a life".

For a guy that preaches "going into the real world", you seem to be active here. Cut the psuedo-cool BS and look at the mirror.

Jan 03, 2013 at 03:56 AM
DynaSport
• • •
p.2 #15 · Love / Hate

anthonygh wrote:

You do realize this is a gear forum, right?

Jan 03, 2013 at 05:11 AM
jstntym
• •
p.2 #16 · Love / Hate

Love/hate may be a bit strong for me but my 24-105 was the closest thing to that kind of relationship. I'm currently on my second copy. With my recent purchase of the 24-70 f/2.8 II I had considered for a second time to part ways once again but this time I'm giving more thought and time in making a decision. To not make any decision is my decision..

Jan 04, 2013 at 01:47 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password