Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Manual exposure + exposure compensation on 5D3?

gschlact
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · Manual exposure + exposure compensation on 5D3?

VOX -
don't listen to those that just don't seem to have the ability to get their head around the notion of Manual mode (where you want to set your DOF (aperture) and SS (stop action) and leave ISO=Auto due to as you said tracking your subject / player/ object through fast changing lighting conditions. Manual-AutoISO + EC has been sorely missed by Canon and the hardest part to swallow about it is that it is just a firmware clock away from them fixing it yet don't!! (they already ahve all the algorithms in place from the other modes). AND for similar reasons in Manual-AUtoISO, AE Lock with Point AE is needed to allow the higher accuracy metering and then recompose composition.

As far as metering accuracy, you can improve it using different meteriong AE modes than Evaluative. I have lots of luck with Partial AE on my 7D which is slightly smaller area than Center Weighted. Try out some of the other modes.

Guy

Jan 03, 2013 at 08:11 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · Manual exposure + exposure compensation on 5D3?

Auto ISO is broken in M mode.Let's say you use a fixed ISO and set a Tv and Av value to get a desired exposure which is +1EV above standard exposure. Now turn it to auto ISO and the camera will choose a higher ISO and push you exposure back to standard. It's absurd, but that's how they implemented it. This is why I prefer to use Tv mode and auto ISO as you can use exposure compensation then.

Jan 03, 2013 at 09:54 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password