Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Hi, we're getting ready to put together our end-of-year best pictures slideshow. Just curious what everyone is using this year. We've toyed around with Animoto but haven't purchased the Pro part of it. I know we can use LR4, but don't think you can efficiently time the shots to the music. I've used Premiere and that might be the way to go. Just thought I'd throw it out here and see what you guys are using this year.

Thanks,
Ron

Dec 30, 2012 at 04:25 PM
LivLif
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

iMovie for mine. Still working on it though.

Dec 30, 2012 at 05:10 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

I used to use Proshow in a PC for panning, zooming and titlting but since I dont that anymore and am on Mac I use premiere too and like it a lot.

Jaime

Dec 30, 2012 at 05:15 PM
joelconner
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

We use Proshow...been using that program for years and have been pleased with it. I really like having a bit of motion to the images, and it is super quick and easy to make that happen.

Dec 30, 2012 at 06:36 PM
swoop
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

I use Soundslides Plus.

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:03 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

As you mention what you're using, if you could relate how well you're able to time the images to the music, I'd appreciate that. Obviously (as I'm a Mac guy) familiar with iMovie, but definitely need to check out ProShow and Soundslides Plus. Not familiar with those.

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:45 PM
johnrg
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

ProShow Gold here as well. It has the ability to sync your slides to the soundtrack with a menu click.

Dec 30, 2012 at 08:15 PM
LivLif
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

A good friend of mine uses Animoto and loves it. Too costly in my opinion.

Dec 30, 2012 at 09:02 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

ct8282
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Ron, I may be way off the mark here but doesn't aperture have a slideshow program onboard?

Dec 30, 2012 at 09:23 PM
mineymole
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

fotomagico or imovie

Dec 30, 2012 at 09:40 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

ct8282 wrote:
Ron, I may be way off the mark here but doesn't aperture have a slideshow program onboard?

Hmm... I dunno. I don't really use Aperture, never have, even tho I'm a Mac.

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:32 PM
sherijohnson
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Ron you should just use imovie, I am on a pc, just did my best of video today and used windows live movie maker.... only because I haven't invested yet in the proshow that I want to get eventually.... but really I would use a mac just for imovie

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:06 AM
Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Animoto is great and will pay for itself if you produce a lot of them each year, if you sell them as a value-add. They do tend to sell themselves, so long as you've listed them as an option from the beginning. PM me for an animoto promo code if you'd like one.

I've been using them for several years. My approach is to use Audacity to splice together three tunes and upload that file, with a target length of 6-8 minutes and about 90-130 images.

The drawback to Animoto is you can't always control exactly when certain images hit certain parts in the music, although the better you understand the engine, the more control you'll have. Standalone programs give you more detail-level control, but they also lack Animoto's sophisticated transition and motion effects. The standalone programs do have those effects, but I find Animoto's balance to be excellent. If I tried to add animations that way, my slideshow would likely just look horrible, but Animoto tends to add energy and interest without being too distracting.

Dec 31, 2012 at 03:56 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Thanks all. Beth is working on the video now on Premiere, putting too much time and effort into it, but it will come out magnificently. She's as much a control freak as I am, likes to time the pictures to the beat of the music just like I do.

Dec 31, 2012 at 03:46 PM
jmraso
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · slideshow montages -- what program to use?

Hi again,

I tried imovie'09 today (it is the version I have) and seems quite a nice software but I couldnt find the way to fade out the last song of the show, does any one know if 09 imovie does that or any newer version

Thanks,

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jaime

Dec 31, 2012 at 04:29 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password