Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

With lens feet from Kirk, RRS, 4th Gen Design and others which one did you go for for your EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM and why?

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:23 PM
godfather
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

I'm still trying to decide...the RRS and the adjustable 4th gen are neck and neck. Greg from NS said they would introduce one in the next month that would come in two different heights so I'm dragging my feet to see what the design / weight will be.

Light weight and low profile are the two most important design features for me...

Dec 30, 2012 at 03:58 PM
traveller

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

Went with a RRS replacement foot as it balances well on the Wimberley II and I often carry the lens with a 1DX mounted by the foot
RRS is not as low profile as the older 600 ver I replacement foot, but still good enough

Lloyd .........

Dec 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dolina
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

godfather: I have the RRS that attaches to the 400/500/600 on my 400.

I am also looking at the 4th Gen. My concern with the 4th Gen is that it may not be able to take a male screw thread of a monopod. Other than that it is a two piece design rather than a single metal bar.

Would you have the link to the foot that Greg of NS is referring to?

Happy New Year to all!

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:52 PM
3iron
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

I just put the RRS on my 600II. I like that it is a one peice unit, strong enough but light. Also I hand carry my set up and the foot is long enough and far enugh from the lens to get my fingers under with a glove.
It is really working well for me.
Best wishes.

Dec 31, 2012 at 03:34 PM
Thang
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Lens foot for the 600mm IS II

I didn't go with any of the replacement feet. That's becuase with 1D series body w and w/o TC, the setup is too rear-heavy. When mounted on the WH200 head, one would need to push the setup all the way forward for the rig to be balanced. I use an extra long wimberley plate instead.

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:54 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password