Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Full Frame v. Crop Factor Images

Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Full Frame v. Crop Factor Images

Dan said:

"That is fine for some sort of technical inspection of your photograph, but it is useless for actually viewing it as a photograph since you cannot see the whole image! "

I don't mind toggling between full screen view and 100%, so I don't know why I wouldn't like going from 100% zoomed in to 1000%. I find that most photos that are interesting as 100% vignettes are also strong as full image. I generally focus my attention center frame, so if that is an area of interest, it holds the whole image together and lends to cropping in any direction. Then, there are those serendipitous inclusions on the edges that were only subconsciously included (at best!).

Reminds me of the work astrophysicists and astronomers are doing with Hubble images, smaller and smaller portions of sky, finding more and more incredible things that were previously invisible.

This is strictly my opinion and personal inclination. I don't expect everyone to agree.

Jan 04, 2013 at 03:47 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password