FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2012 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

mitesh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

Sellers can't accept gift payment for goods when selling on sites advertising Paypal as a payment option. So, he violated terms of service. I'm also interested to know how you have information on who the IRS is auditing, who's on TSA's no-fly list, who the FBI is investigating, etc. since none of that is public information.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:04 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

Because I initiated those actions myself. I suppose my friends and connections could have been lying to me. I doubt it tho. Besides the TSC listing those are pretty common repercussions so one doesn't need "friends" to get those results either.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:14 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

As a US citizen, I would love to know how a person convinces our government agencies to act. Maybe you can convince our leaders to act decisively on the fiscal cliff issue. Since apparently you have that kind of pull. Your statements are simply incredulous, and your assertion that using a "gift" payment is just as safe (in terms of providing buyer protection) as regular Paypal is downright irresponsible and does a disservice to the FM community.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:23 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

mitesh,

if BIF told you how he came by those data, he'd probably have to ***** you. Actually, pay enough money for on-line search engines to scour anybody's history, and, accurate or not, you can get what alleges itself to be information with respect to that history. Unless of course the individual doing the search has professional access to those data, but, if so, and if used in the furtherance of personal business, could well put the person in deep difficulty should the object of that search learn of it and decide to push forward.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:25 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

Yeah, I'm a really terrible person!

BTW, they ARE acting decisively on the fiscal cliff issue! We just don't and won't, like it is all.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:25 PM
anthonysemone
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

I doubt that, BIF.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:31 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

The only possible chance you can get your money back is filing a dispute with your credit card company. I have all kinds of pull in the government as well. I know who's on the no fly lists and everything as well.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:34 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

BenV,
That's not the only way.

anthonysemone wrote:
I doubt that, BIF.

Heehee...

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:34 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

anthonysemone wrote:
I doubt that, BIF.

I'm pretty much doubting anything BIF says, Anthony. Anyway, it's time to stop feeding this pig so it will stop sh**ting. I can smell it all the way from across the ocean.

Dec 31, 2012 at 09:55 PM
Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

anthonysemone wrote:
I doubt that, BIF.

mitesh wrote:
I'm pretty much doubting anything BIF says...

So I'm NOT a really terrible person? Make up your mind!

Jan 01, 2013 at 12:20 AM
BluesWest
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

How do you propose he becomes involved in a private transaction?

He's running a business - an internet user forum - which includes a Buy/Sell function, for which he charges a fee. He has the right - and I would say the obligation - to include in his business's Terms of Service a prohibition on scamming PayPal out their service fee.

John

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:10 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Scammed on Buy/Sell

BluesWest wrote:
He's running a business - an internet user forum - which includes a Buy/Sell function, for which he charges a fee. He has the right - and I would say the obligation - to include in his business's Terms of Service a prohibition on scamming PayPal out their service fee.

John

The first paragraph of the board's Rules & Guidelines clearly states that we strongly discourage the use of "money order", "money owed payment" or "Paypal Gift" when making payments.
Paypal allows Gift payments as an option when goods are purchased and I can't possible ban this 100% as payment arrangements are usually finalized by PM. The only entity who could ban this type of transaction is Paypal itself.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/boardrules.htm

TexasCurt, if you need any further assistance, please contact me via PM.
Fred

Jan 01, 2013 at 03:39 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.