Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Beekeeper Portraits

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Beekeeper Portraits

Local beekeeper and source for honey, jams, pecans etc. at his roadside stand.

Thanks for looking,

Bob

Dec 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Alan Young
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Beekeeper Portraits

Nice pictures Bob, I like #2. I think I would like him to be looking straight in to the lens, it reaveals more of the character within.

Alan

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · Beekeeper Portraits

Alan Young wrote:
Nice pictures Bob, I like #2. I think I would like him to be looking straight in to the lens, it reaveals more of the character within.

Alan

Alan,

Thanks - I am lifting my response from the PCForum:

Visited the Bee Keeper while out yesterday...not much for conversation and although he willingly agreed to allow photos - "Sure" - averted looking directly into lens.

The subject has a road-side stand where he sells honey, folk-art, wooden toys etc.

From what he has said, one former occupation was a brick mason but there isn't enough around today to make it worthwhile so he does not do much of anything. This visit his sitting fee cost me 1lb of shelled pecans and a pint of blue-berry jam.

During the summer and fall, he kept a metal pot by the stand with a swarm of what appeared to be several hundred bees circling in and around the pot. He would demonstrate to those interested the non-aggressive nature of the honey bee by inserting his arm into the middle of the bee-cloud...something to watch but not try at home.

Regards,

Bob

Jan 01, 2013 at 02:18 AM
Dougo
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Beekeeper Portraits

Hi Bob, I like the stronger contrast in the second shot, I read your explanation but it is a pity he didn't look straight at the camera

Cheers Ray

Jan 01, 2013 at 08:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · Beekeeper Portraits

Dougo wrote:
Hi Bob, I like the stronger contrast in the second shot, I read your explanation but it is a pity he didn't look straight at the camera

Cheers Ray

Thanks Ray,

Agreed but I was/am in no position to insist. Maybe I can catch him sometime when others are around I am not his focus.

Regards,

Bob

Jan 01, 2013 at 06:31 PM
mikereid27

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Beekeeper Portraits

I find that the processing done in the second image really draws your attention to his eyes. The whites really stand out and bring your in. I think if he did look into the camera and the same processing effect was present it would be very powerful.

I will keep that in mind for myself. haha

Jan 08, 2013 at 04:24 AM
Kenj8246
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Beekeeper Portraits

Not to just be contrary but I think these images do a fine job and stand on their own. The first frame, in particular, 'speaks to me'; makes me wonder what's going on over there. He has a well traveled face. Just my $.02.

Kenny

Jan 08, 2013 at 05:13 PM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password