Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My First Wedding

Steady_Hands

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My First Wedding

Good morning,

The images below were from my first wedding this summer. A remote wedding that I was blessed to be flown and housed at the beautiful Paradisus Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The beach side wedding was rained out and my rented equipment didn't give the comfort level I needed to get the job done.

The resort was very insistent that there staff photographer could do the job. The bride was an old co-worker that loved my photography and wanted me to shoot her wedding. She was and has been such a great influence to do it. She told the resort the photographer (me) was her cousin and part of the 16 person party in the wedding. I was called "primo" ,cousin in Spanish, all weekend.

The experience itself exceeded any expectation I could have had. The feedback from the photos has been phenomenal and has led to two more portrait sessions, a 40th Birthday Party and my 4th Wedding this coming March. My gear has evolved and by March I will be shooting a 5D Mk 3 and Im blessed that my wife will be my second shooter. File is too large to post directly. http://500px.com/photo/7868998

Dec 28, 2012 at 08:06 PM
cbradio09
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My First Wedding

Decent shot, needs a little fill flash or more exposure IMO. the subjects faces seem very dark.

Could be the screen I'm currently using however.

Dec 28, 2012 at 08:14 PM
James R
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My First Wedding

cbradio09 wrote:
Decent shot, needs a little fill flash or more exposure IMO. the subjects faces seem very dark.

Could be the screen I'm currently using however.

++1

Dec 29, 2012 at 07:12 AM
Jase1125
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My First Wedding

Love the image idea. However, I agree a little fill light was needed as the bride's face is too dark.

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:37 PM
sivrajbm
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My First Wedding

Good idea, as others have said fill flash. Just up the exposure in program you use now.

Jan 02, 2013 at 04:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian Ivey
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My First Wedding

Dave, it sounds like it was a good experience, so congratulations are in order. When you say you were not confident in your rented equipment, does that just mean you were worried? Or did you defer to the resort's photographer for part of the day and allow him to shoot? (I just didn't quite understand that comment.)

What program(s) are you using for post-processing? If you're using Lightroom or a similar program, bringing up the Shadows slider in LR4 (or the Fill slider in LR3) will help that sample image. I'd probably also add a bit of clarity to help with the details.

Welcome to the wedding forum.

Jan 02, 2013 at 06:09 PM
Steady_Hands

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My First Wedding

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I processed this pre-LR4 and need to go back and tweak the settings.

The rented gear was challenge to me and I went back to my comfort zone. I used my own equipment to shoot the wedding. I've done more weddings since this and I have others lined up. I'm buying the 5d Mk III next month and I'm giving myself plenty of time to acclimate to the expanded ability of that camera.

Jan 28, 2013 at 06:48 PM
SloPhoto
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My First Wedding

Steady_Hands wrote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I processed this pre-LR4 and need to go back and tweak the settings.

The rented gear was challenge to me and I went back to my comfort zone. I used my own equipment to shoot the wedding. I've done more weddings since this and I have others lined up. I'm buying the 5d Mk III next month and I'm giving myself plenty of time to acclimate to the expanded ability of that camera.

Sounds great that you are taking time to get acclimated to your gear. Post some of your other weddings on here when you are done with them

For more feedback, post them here directly (no link) and number them.

Jan 28, 2013 at 08:19 PM
Steady_Hands

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My First Wedding

SloPhoto wrote:
Sounds great that you are taking time to get acclimated to your gear. Post some of your other weddings on here when you are done with them

For more feedback, post them here directly (no link) and number them.

Thank you. I will post soon.

Jan 30, 2013 at 05:47 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password