Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Photo Books?

Lee Wiren
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Photo Books?

I am thinking of creating a book of landscape photo's... coffee table style book to potentially sell to offices and such for waiting rooms.

Has anybody done this and what service did you use/like? I was thinking about looking into Blurb, but wanted to hear what others have used and had success with.

Thank you

Dec 28, 2012 at 06:58 PM
cbradio09
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Photo Books?

there is a sticky on the wedding photo page that covers this in depth. probably would find what you're looking for there.

i use vision art for my big albums. my wife recently used mypublisher with decent results. the book is of good quality, but the printing is good but the ink blots are large and the images loose some sharpness.

ymmv

Dec 28, 2012 at 07:13 PM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #3 · Photo Books?

Blurb is good, but note that with all sources the prices are high. You will have a hard time selling photo books at those prices when mass produced books can be bought in bookstores for 1/3 the cost.

A tip with Blurb, sign up for their newsletter then sit back and wait. They offer frequent discounts of 10% to 25% and only announce them via the newsletter.

Dec 28, 2012 at 07:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

xjetjock
• • •
p.1 #4 · Photo Books?

I used Blurb to make a 40 page, landscape book last summer as part of a local college class. I was pleased with the result but agree with redcrown's comments. Their software is easy to use and I got a free ebook download (for iPhones and iPads) that looks nice on the iPad (but is smaller than the book). My book was printed with premium paper, cover, etc which drives up the cost but I didn't want it to look cheap.

Paul S

Dec 28, 2012 at 09:48 PM
Rod Gerst

p.1 #5 · Photo Books?

This is a little dated but can give you some information on a few of the contenders

http://www.digitalhomethoughts.com/news/show/97676/the-great-photo-book-round-up-review-who-makes-the-best-photo-books.html

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:22 AM
Ken_K
• •
p.1 #6 · Photo Books?

If you want to give Blurb a try, I noticed that they have a special deal going on now.

Blurb.com takes up to $40 off custom books via coupon code "GIVEUSAWHIRL4". Plus, the coupon counts toward shipping, which otherwise starts at $7.99.

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:55 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password