Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              6      
       8       end

Archive 2012 · contax-e-mount af adapter

daleaherman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.7 #1 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks,

Yes, I would rather not have to send it back for tweaking. Too much money wasted on shipping.

May 01, 2013 at 10:33 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.7 #2 · contax-e-mount af adapter

yep... pretty much the reply I got. Sounds like it might be a manufacturer screw up and not a design fault. Either way, I'm really hoping after all this that the adapter works well (and for a long time) and that I get it before my trip in late May. If anyone is interested here's the full response I got.

"Hi, we are so sorry for late reply.
Our manufacturer contact us last week.
The tell us here is a small problem and made the adapter not work properly.
So we collect the adapter from Hong Kong Post office this week and send it back to our manufacturer.
They will fix the problem within 3-4 days.
Once it is ready, we will ship it to you again.
Thank you so much."

May 02, 2013 at 12:38 PM
inglis
• •
p.7 #3 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Morpheus, Thanks for including the email text!!
What does it mean to play with viruses, on your profile?
Are you in internet or computer security?

May 02, 2013 at 01:08 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.7 #4 · contax-e-mount af adapter

lol... no, actually viral vector-based gene therapy so think microbiology and not computers

May 02, 2013 at 01:09 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #5 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks for the e-mail updates. They are not very good updating the status after the first delay. Hopefully they will ship it soon, esp there is no new date given... According to Dpreview, sb in Virginia received his adapter today. I am not far from there, but again waiting...

From Xitek, kpliang (I am guessing the adapter producer):

I want to do a good job in product quality, increase productivity. The main reason for the delay is the high installation difficulty of the mount. Outsourced to other electronics factory assembly results of people disappointed. A few people can only rely on their own assembly. The daily output of only 20 or so. Given this situation, a new version of the design and mold making, the current version is only a small amount of production to meet the needs of the docking ring friends, and the new version is designed to meet the needs of the public.

May 02, 2013 at 08:23 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #6 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I was asking about the delay and they replied the std delay e-mail. After my post at talknex, they posted a more detailed response:

mxcamera @ talknex

Hi, because of some technical problem, it make 2 weeks delay.
We start shipment last week, all EMS Express order was done last week.
And now we are sending the adapter to pre-order user, 1st-16th orders were shipped last week.
We are so sorry about the delay, hope you accept our apology.
Thank you so much.

May 09, 2013 at 10:05 AM
inglis
• •
p.7 #7 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks much Serhan!

May 10, 2013 at 02:14 AM
frozenbc

p.7 #8 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Indeed, thanks Serhan. Looks like my pre-order (#20) just missed the first cutoff. *sigh*

May 10, 2013 at 04:13 PM
daleaherman
• •
p.7 #9 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I was number 17...

May 11, 2013 at 01:35 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #10 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Mine is 23, still waiting I don't know when the next shipment will be, again slow to answer...

Here's manufacturer's comments based on the xitek forum user's experience:

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. out of focus: I am wondering why the most out of focus say ran backward, the actual test is more ahead of him, only the individual ran backward (F29 can be corrected), from the principle ahead of him much more likely to, so I guess it is the problem of the test method, contrast focus is the face of coke, need to focus around many pixels to calculate contrast and phase-point AF SLR film ruler method is not feasible, then the entire focus frame, only one line to become a strong contrast, such is difficult to judge the
...Show more

May 14, 2013 at 03:58 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

morpheus2891
• • •
p.7 #11 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Well I figured there would be delays when I pre-ordered but I didn't think I'd actually still be waiting by the time I moved out of state or went on vacation. Really hope this thing actually works well when I finally get it :P

May 14, 2013 at 04:02 AM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #12 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Next 20 orders will be shipping:

Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:31 AM
Subject: Re: 回覆︰ Contax g-ef af adapter- Order Status?

Hi, our manufacturer sent 20 pcs to us yesterday
This stock will arrived tomorrow.
If everything work well, we will ship it to you tomorrow.
Thank you so much!

May 15, 2013 at 01:16 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.7 #13 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Any word on how long shipping takes from them to the US?

May 15, 2013 at 01:18 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #14 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I replied to his e-mail and asked your question, but usually they take their time to answer anything. According to their website:

http://www.mxcamera.com/DEO/shipping.php?osCsid=2a4dd5f946760bea632aa9a7d1d87ec2

May 15, 2013 at 01:25 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #15 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I asked your question and also if the tracking number will be changing. His answer is:

"Hi, your order will ship today.
Thank you so much.

Best regards
Lau"

I checked my tracking number at Hong Kong Post and it says:

Destination - United States of America
The item was posted on 16-May-2013 and is being processed for delivery to the addressee.

morpheus2891 wrote:
Any word on how long shipping takes from them to the US?

May 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.7 #16 · contax-e-mount af adapter

yea... he also ignored some of my questions when I emailed him and sent the exact same reply. Here is hoping it will actually get to my address before I move next week :P

May 16, 2013 at 01:19 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #17 · contax-e-mount af adapter

According to DPR post, the first shipment took 10 days from HK to Chicago. Also his initial impressions:

"-DMF didn't seem to work.
-Focusing on F2 was okay.. about the same speed as a Contax G1.
-Wasn't great in low light.. says it was focused when it wasn't sometimes.
-The manual focus is electronic so it uses the motor and it's actually quite easy to use. Not sure how accurate it will be but so far so good.

I actually enjoy using this manually more than I do using AF because the motor is a lot less tiring than the crappy adapters and more consistent to get focus in all situations.

Fast to focus with F2-f4, but sucks with anything lower... so basically it is good for those that like to shoot wide open, but a fancy smoother manual adapter for those that shoot all apertures."

morpheus2891 wrote:
yea... he also ignored some of my questions when I emailed him and sent the exact same reply. Here is hoping it will actually get to my address before I move next week :P

May 16, 2013 at 06:54 PM
VaughnA

p.7 #18 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Anybody else received theirs yet? I emailed about cancelling my order (I'm #42) and they said that they had shipped 'last few weeks'. Haven't seen it yet.

May 29, 2013 at 02:06 PM
serhan_
• •
p.7 #19 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I received my adapter last Friday. Mine was in the second shipment and it took 9 days. Yours should be in the third shipment. You can check your tracking no with usps, which should show if you package has been shipped.

Mine works with 35, 45, 90mm lenses. There are reports that it has problem with 28mm lenses which I don't have. AF works better wide open, esp in lower light. It also has a buzzing noise. AF is slow similar to ef slr lens autofocusing with speed booster.

Manual focusing is very smooth (motorized) and much easier then the other adapters. When I pushed the mf button, it gives me an error saying I cannot use it with af. Then I push one more time, it goes to mf with peaking/magnification. Otherwise I cannot use the mf ring directly for manual focus. So there is an extra step for manual focusing. Also if I don't take the shot quickly with mf, it goes back to autofocus and it looses the mf distance plus the refocus time. Manual focusing is more precise with similar speed to af so I would preffered a motorized manual zoom adapter as recommended in Xitek. I don't know if he will be doing that or not.

May 29, 2013 at 02:23 PM
VaughnA

p.7 #20 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks for the tip, I'd forgotten about the tracking number from April. Checked tracking and they tried to deliver yesterday. Never got a slip or a knock at the door. The wife is checking the post office today..

Edit: She picked it up at the post office....going to be a long afternoon.

May 29, 2013 at 04:32 PM
       8       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password