Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       8       end

Archive 2012 · contax-e-mount af adapter

sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · contax-e-mount af adapter

artur5 wrote:
As they say, our mileage varies.
I owned until recently a Ricoh GXR+M mount module. My ZM25 and ZM35/2 shone on it.
After selling the GXR gear ( due to Ricoh's long silence about the future of the system ) I got a NEX-7. Comparing the images of both cameras with those lenses I decided to put the two ZM Biogons on Ebay.
Yes, I know, if the NEX-9 proves to be stellar with RF wides, I'll be rightfully punished for my lack of patience..

ah, but those are very different lenses than any of the contax g lenses. having said that though, i'm sure the corner performance of the g21, g28, and g35 would be better on the gxr than the NEX-7. as far as the FF NEX goes, i'm not counting on anything at this point.

Mar 17, 2013 at 04:11 PM
artur5
• •
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · contax-e-mount af adapter

We agree on the not very good forebodings for the FF NEX as far as RF wides are concerned.
I have to say though, that the Biogons G21 and G28 are the elder brothers of the ZM21 and ZM28, only a bit more symmetrical than the younger 'kids'. Therefore, in a NEX-7, they will be probably more problematic than the ZMs. It's a shame, because both are fantastic lenses. Not so much so the Planar G 35, which isn't really up there with the other Contax-G glass.

Mar 17, 2013 at 06:55 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · contax-e-mount af adapter

This idea that the Planar G 35 sucks is so widespread that is actually annoying. It's not at all bad and I myself prefer it, mainly because the field of view makes more sense on APS-C, compared to the 45.

Artur5, you seem to have very strong views on Contax glass and I wonder where do you take your opinions from…

Mar 17, 2013 at 07:48 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I was thinking about the same thing. And the G28 shines on the NEX 5 series, since long proven by various skilled FM members.

Mar 17, 2013 at 08:11 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · contax-e-mount af adapter

xbarcelo wrote:
This idea that the Planar G 35 sucks is so widespread that is actually annoying. It's not at all bad and I myself prefer it, mainly because the field of view makes more sense on APS-C, compared to the 45.

Artur5, you seem to have very strong views on Contax glass and I wonder where do you take your opinions from…

i think the g35 is a very nice lens, but when it comes to sharpness it doesn't compare to the other contax g lenses i've shot with (even stopped down). there are lots of reasons to like it though.

Mar 17, 2013 at 08:45 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Maybe I've got a crappy 45… One of these days I've got to shoot a comparison and see how they all do… Probably when I receive the adapter… And I'll add the Sigma 30 to the mix.

Mar 17, 2013 at 09:24 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · contax-e-mount af adapter

xbarcelo wrote:
Maybe I've got a crappy 45… One of these days I've got to shoot a comparison and see how they all do… Probably when I receive the adapter… And I'll add the Sigma 30 to the mix.

that must be, i tried a few copies of the 35 and i would rank them by central sharpness as follows:

g45
g28
sigmarit
g35

and by corner sharpness:
g45
sigmarit
g28
g35

imho the g28 has the nicest rendering.

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · contax-e-mount af adapter

sebboh wrote:
that must be, i tried a few copies of the 35 and i would rank them by central sharpness as follows:

g45
g28
sigmarit
g35

and by corner sharpness:
g45
sigmarit
g28
g35

imho the g28 has the nicest rendering.

I'm quite familiar with all of them, except the Sigmarit, which I just got, but I prefer the rendering from the Planar 35… I don't know, I must be weird…

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:35 PM
artur5
• •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Sorry if my last posts seem to be bashing the Contax G line, Nothing more contrary to my intentions
What I meant is that the Planar G35, while a good lens by all means, isn't on the superlative level of the others - 21,28,45,90 ( I have no info about the zoom ).
Also, I think is a pity that the great potential of the G series can't be fully exploited on a NEX because of the relatively mediocre corners.
Many people seems pretty happy with their RF wides on a NEX-5N. and I wouldn't try to convince them of the contrary. Indeed, better a 5N than a NEX-7 for a Biogon, but still, compared to a Leica M8/M9 or a GXR the 5N stays behind, not so much on color drift but on smearing, specially at larger apertures.
This is my experience after using the 5N and the Ricoh GXR with both the Biogon ZM25 and the ZM35/2

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:26 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · contax-e-mount af adapter

But we've been using the 5N and the 7 and we're saying that the Contax line is good to very good. So we're kind of oposing direct experience to hearsay… The corners of the 21 are not at the level of the center. However, the rest of the line has good corners. The GXR or the M9 can't use the Contax lenses, unless they're converted, which is quite an expensive proposition. Still, obviously it would be good if the corner issues on the 7 (not so much the 6 or the 5N or 5R) were solved and, hopefully they will on the 7N. As for FF, we'll see when it turns up. At this point, we only have that video camera which wasn't brilliant, to put it mildly. However, I'm not sure we can extrapolate, because the filter for video, which is its main purpose, has to be thicker and, consequently, it causes issues on the corners. Since I tend to be an optimistic person, I'm hoping that they solve these problems by the time they realease the NEX9 (or whatever name it'll have). It's in their own interest, because the lenses will be smaller and cheaper to produce.

Mar 18, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

serhan_
• •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Latest update from http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1136266-1-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhixCz2OtOigqkouvd7cffuuYVYyUQ

"For a long time, mainly devoted themselves to solve several problems appear in the testing process.
1. battery power drain: this has been resolved, reduced to zero run electricity, because the previous shutdown did not cut off the power of the bayonet.
2. the focusing speed has been significantly improved, but still can not eliminate every Abdulla bellows, pull the bellows action very quickly.
3. crashes, from my test situation has been resolved by improving the transmission and the wiring of the circuit board.

Prior to maintenance test ring mail, he will mold dozen plastic parts out, replace it with a new plastic pieces returning the test version of the mount that is not installed on the new circuit boards, including a manual focus part, so dead battery issue with power drain and af speed will be greatly improved.

The official version of the mount in the production of the work at the same pace, and April is sure to get listed. "

I guess new date is in April. Maybe sb can translate better

Mar 26, 2013 at 01:55 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I've got a vacation planned in early June... as long as I get it by then and it works well, I'll be happy

Mar 26, 2013 at 02:00 PM
inglis
• •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks much Serhan!
Nice that they are working hard at getting this right,
i'm planning on very late June, vacation that is,

Mar 26, 2013 at 05:49 PM
VaughnA

p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I'm a recent convert to Nex and ordered the AF adapter when I ordered my Contax lenses. After using the lenses for a few weeks I'm coming to the conclusion that I prefer manual focus. And not by a little, by a lot. I'm considering either cancelling my order or offering up when it arrives. I'm also considering selling my sigmas and 16mm 2.8. I'd keep my 18-55 for when I need to shoot the nieces and nephews.

As for the 45, mine is built like a tank and is sharp as a tack. Built like a tank because I dropped it when changing lenses in the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It broke the cap but absolutely no other damage. By far my favorite lens.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
VaughnA

p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Just got an email indicating that they will be shipped around April 20th.

Mar 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM
inglis
• •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Vaugh,
how did the Contax 45 do at the art museum? Were you shooting paintings or sculptures? This is one of my interests.

Here is the email I received, most of which also appears here
http://www.deo-tech.com/
We originally plan to issue the products by this week. However, there should be some delay at this stage, since there are too many purchase orders which from various countries, distributors and the manufacturing process is time-consuming. We estimate that the products can be issued on the date of April 20th. Once again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that caused to all of you and your understanding is greatly appreciated. Should you have any enquiries, please feel free to contact us at info@Deo-tech.com or mxcamera_hk@yahoo.com.hk .

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Pending

Edited on Mar 27, 2013 at 01:38 PM · View previous versions

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:22 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Yep... they updated their facebook to the same status. Not really surprising given the delays we saw with development. From some of the posts here it sounds like they are still improving the design as well (which is fine by me )

Mar 27, 2013 at 01:32 PM
serhan_
• •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · contax-e-mount af adapter

It looks like they are also busy with converting leica m lenses to af also

From SAR, video of Leica Summicron 35mm f/2.0 af lens on NEX:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5qbMc5uhTI

Camera MX plans to release modifiy and sell five Leica M lenses: The 35mm f/3.5, Summicron 35mm f/2, Summicron 50mm f/2, Elmar 90mm f/4.

Zeiss should be quick to release their lenses before competition picks up

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:11 AM
serhan_
• •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · contax-e-mount af adapter

The focus tests for 28, 35, 45, 90mm lenses were uploaded (from same link above):
(In two weeks 21mm will be added)

28mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZCmjzwg6V0

35mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tz9Yx7ruKo

45mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uGMyLDlp1s

90mm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC_fWkEj2Ls

New orders will start on April 12.

Apr 04, 2013 at 03:11 PM
inglis