Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5              7       8       end

Archive 2012 · contax-e-mount af adapter

morpheus2891
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Very cool. So one thing I don't quite understand is about the manual focus override. Their site says that it's enabled in the "final version" but the pre-orders were listed as Beta? So does that mean that the pre-ordered versions will not have MF override or am I just getting tied up in their wording? :P

Mar 05, 2013 at 06:14 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · contax-e-mount af adapter

It's a bad way of putting it, but it seems that we're getting the final version (according to a Chinese user who asked the seller). They'll be shipping the adapters by the end of March… The pre-orders were not listed as beta. The images were labeled as beta, that's all (I hope so, anyway).

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:44 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · contax-e-mount af adapter

gotcha... thanks for the clarification!!!

Mar 05, 2013 at 07:45 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I've asked the seller myself, so I hope I'll be able to tell you for sure in a couple of days (fingers crossed I've got it right!)

Mar 05, 2013 at 09:21 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I've got my reply:

Hi, thank you so much so your order and the sure that the final version have MF override. The Beta version is for promotion and test, not for sale. The one you ordered is final version. Thank you so much.

Mar 06, 2013 at 06:45 AM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · contax-e-mount af adapter

yep... just got the same reply too

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:41 PM
inglis
• •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · contax-e-mount af adapter

A chart now appears on the website that indicates the speed of the focusing with the adapter, which changes according to the aperture of the lens. The condition of the lens focusing mechanics also plays a role,
"Addition information (updated on 7/3/2013)
Test Camera: NEX 5, 5N, 7, 6, VG 900 (photo mode)
The focus speed depend on your lens condition, following information for reference only."

http://www.mxcamera.com/DEO/product_info.php?products_id=50

Mar 09, 2013 at 03:33 AM
serhan_
• •
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks for the link. It is not fast but it is good as long as it is accurate focus. They haven't reported what happens in low light but I guess we will see that in coming weeks. The test photos are still updated in the Chinese website links.

inglis wrote:
A chart now appears on the website that indicates the speed of the focusing with the adapter, which changes according to the aperture of the lens. The condition of the lens focusing mechanics also plays a role,
"Addition information (updated on 7/3/2013)
Test Camera: NEX 5, 5N, 7, 6, VG 900 (photo mode)
The focus speed depend on your lens condition, following information for reference only."

http://www.mxcamera.com/DEO/product_info.php?products_id=50

Mar 09, 2013 at 05:24 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Any live experience here yet, anyone?

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:50 AM
inglis
• •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · contax-e-mount af adapter

They are supposed to ship these near the end of March and I have no idea how quickly the post will be around the world.

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

wfrank
• • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Aha, I need patience then :-)

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM
inglis
• •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Wilhelm,
A few days ago, the testers of this adapter were arguing amongst themselves about the value of the Contax G 21mm, and someone put up your photos in defense of the lens!!!

At this link, half way down the page,
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1055228-4-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhi93mjlKYZqz5cJ-bwYIv_wivi3kw

Mar 12, 2013 at 07:07 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks for heads-up inglis, hope they said something good :-)

Mar 12, 2013 at 09:27 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · contax-e-mount af adapter

The link is a translation of Chinese to English. The verdict of your (credited) photographs: Cattle A! Sounds good, I am not sure.

Mar 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I think there's a lot we're missing in that translation, but it generally sounds positive.

Definitely a 21mm on the NEX-7. The Leica Elmarit 21 pre-asph has the same magenta edge shift.

Mar 13, 2013 at 12:10 AM
rioni
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Damn - looks like I missed the preorder

Mar 14, 2013 at 02:52 PM
inglis
• •
p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Working with full frame VG900?
Does that mean still full frame?

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/contax-g-to-e-mount-adapter-works-on-ff-too/

Mar 16, 2013 at 05:59 PM
artur5
• •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · contax-e-mount af adapter

In this case, 'working' means usable without mechanical restrictions or vigneting.
Another thing is the performance in edges and corners of the Biogons G 21 and 28 on the VG900. Not to write home about, to put it mildly.

IMHO. NEX cameras and Biogon lenses are a bad match. ( specially the Contax-G Biogons 21 and 28 )
I'd like to be proved wrong in a future FF NEX-9 ( or whatever will be the name ) but I'm quite sceptical.

Mar 16, 2013 at 09:05 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · contax-e-mount af adapter

artur5 wrote:
In this case, 'working' means usable without mechanical restrictions or vigneting.
Another thing is the performance in edges and corners of the Biogons G 21 and 28 on the VG900. Not to write home about, to put it mildly.

IMHO. NEX cameras and Biogon lenses are a bad match. ( specially the Contax-G Biogons 21 and 28 )
I'd like to be proved wrong in a future FF NEX-9 ( or whatever will be the name ) but I'm quite sceptical.

i bet the g90 works great though, and i suspect the g45 is pretty strong as well on the vg900.

to be honest i love my g28 even on the NEX-7 and don't use my sigma 30 at all which is supposed to be a much better lens on the camera. so i wouldn't really call them a bad match, maybe not living up to their full potential, but still a very nice match imho.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:06 PM
artur5
• •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · contax-e-mount af adapter

sebboh wrote:
i bet the g90 works great though, and i suspect the g45 is pretty strong as well on the vg900.
to be honest i love my g28 even on the NEX-7 and don't use my sigma 30 at all which is supposed to be a much better lens on the camera. so i wouldn't really call them a bad match, maybe not living up to their full potential, but still a very nice match imho.

As they say, our mileage varies.
I owned until recently a Ricoh GXR+M mount module. My ZM25 and ZM35/2 shone on it.
After selling the GXR gear ( due to Ricoh's long silence about the future of the system ) I got a NEX-7. Comparing the images of both cameras with those lenses I decided to put the two ZM Biogons on Ebay.
Yes, I know, if the NEX-9 proves to be stellar with RF wides, I'll be rightfully punished for my lack of patience..

Mar 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1       2       3      

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password