Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

3              7       8       end

Archive 2012 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Jabberwockt
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Preorder start tmw or today i guess since it is already tmw in Hong Kong :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7AdhlxAkNU

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:23 PM
plasticmotif
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · contax-e-mount af adapter

!@!! That video looks great.

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:35 PM
inglis
• •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · contax-e-mount af adapter

seems pretty fast

Feb 28, 2013 at 09:38 PM
peterv

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I find this adapter very interesting. I'd like AF with the Contax G lenses very much.

Here's a link to a Chinese blog with more pictures.

http://forum.xitek.com/thread-1055228-1-1-1.html

Shouldn't the inside of the adapter be painted black so as to minimize internal reflections?

I wonder if this first version of the adapter would work on a FF NEX ...

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
hiepphotog
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · contax-e-mount af adapter

inglis wrote:
seems pretty fast

I see noticeable hunt with the 90. But the MF of these lenses is not that great, so even slow AF would be fine.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · contax-e-mount af adapter

yea... the old site is still up :/ They mentioned they were having "technical difficulties" with it, and I guess that's why the pre-order isn't available yet. Hope it's fairly quick turn around after the pre-order though the way things are going, I'm afraid to get my hopes up. At this point I feel like this:

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:38 AM
inglis
• •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · contax-e-mount af adapter

also interesting

another xitek Chinese link

Google translation of link above

Mar 01, 2013 at 02:45 AM
rsrsrs
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · contax-e-mount af adapter

cooool.
wanna have....

Mar 01, 2013 at 12:37 PM
inglis
• •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · contax-e-mount af adapter

So what about these scratches from a Contax G 28mm on the inside of a Nex while attached with this new adaptor. Has anyone seen similar scratches from a Contax G 28mm with other adapters?
The following photo is from the link below,

this link leads to a page that includes the photo above

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:45 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Just checked my NEX-6... I've got no marks from my G28 (or any other lens I guess). My G28 is on a metabones adapter.

Mar 01, 2013 at 06:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

inglis
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Some videos of the adapter's speed at week 7 of development (I guess),
looks like a second or so for focus time,
http://u.youku.com/wuji-week7

Mar 01, 2013 at 09:42 PM
wfrank
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · contax-e-mount af adapter

inglis wrote:

So what about these scratches from a Contax G 28mm on the inside of a Nex while attached with this new adaptor. Has anyone seen similar scratches from a Contax G 28mm with other adapters?
The following photo is from the link below,
http://photos.tuchong.com/314554/f/4274009.jpg

G28 leave scratches, G21 even more and can be hard to mount depending on focus distance the lens is set on. No impact on images but annoying. This on 5N. Note the unmarked turning scratch on the image above (just below the right set of contacts - above the far right yellow circle), it's from when mounting the lens.

Mar 01, 2013 at 11:38 PM
inglis
• •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Thanks Wilhelm!
Here is a list of observations from using the adapter on a 5N,

Talk about the test on the 5n.
1,5 n basically like week7 of 5c secondary focus, every time the need to pull the bellows.
2, G28 focusing speed about 1.8 to 2 seconds, G35 2 ~ 2.1 seconds, G45 2.2 ~ 2.4 seconds, G90 3 seconds.
3, G45 during the day, sunny F11 previous, F8 go wherever they want, in the case of indoor and cloudy, F5.6 wherever.
4, G28 during the day sunny, F8 on, indoor and cloudy F5.6 go wherever they want.
5, G35 Ibid G90 at night under indoor low-light situations F4 success rate of 99%, 99% daytime outdoor F11 success rate basically F8 refers to wherever they want.
7, during focusing, the lens will external force is applied (by hand and hold), there will be a crash situation, need to shutdown restart. But no one right to do so, and I belong to this destructive test.
8, can face registration, and face detection.
9 Ring of contact rebound forces, a 1,2 electric shock length is inconsistent.
10 In addition to the G21 does not cut ass ring sweaty, all other lens does not cut ass on the ring easily.
11, the body can automatically identify the maximum aperture of the lens A file test, body aperture required to hit the maximum lens aperture freely adjusted.
12 M files, fuselage aperture and lens aperture case, correct exposure and and properly recorded Aperture Shutter jiaoduan information, not record lens vendor information.
13, using multiple focus, composition constant, occasional secondary focus can on a very short stroke adjusted.
14, using the center focus on small objects, background objects.
15, it is recommended that can be used freely point focus, focus range is smaller, higher precision.
16, the power situation can still play day, repeatedly focusing, a battery basic enough, no fear to bring a backup power case.
Here is the link to where the above was posted:
Link to the page with summary of findings

Mar 02, 2013 at 03:45 AM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Preorder has started at 20% discount (but, they say, only 60 pieces). The site is working now (http://www.deo-tech.com).
Again, no connection to the company whatsoever.

Xavier

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:21 PM
lumis beans
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Damn fine price. Good on them if it works.

Mar 03, 2013 at 06:39 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · contax-e-mount af adapter

Yea they sold out early on. Tried pre-ordering but everything was gone. Not surprising since the site had over 3000 hits.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:05 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I have just tried and it still seems to allow you to preorder… So, no, not everything is gone!

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:31 PM
artur5
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · contax-e-mount af adapter

While this adapter is a remarkable achievement, let me be the devil's advocate and see if it's also useful..
If fast AF is what you're looking for, the Contax-G + adapter combo never will be a top performer. Better stick with native E-lenses. If you're searching the optical nirvana, maybe the G line isn't the best for a NEX camera either.
Let's see the lenses one by one :
- Sonnar G-90/2.8. Excellent glass but you have the C/Y Sonnar 85/2.8, twin brother of the 90/2.8 in performance and cheaper. Also, no need for expensive adapters with awkward manual focusing.
- Planar G 45/2, A gem in all aspects but there's the Planar ZM 50/2 which is also a top lens ( and the helical M to NEX adapter allows near macro use. )
- Planar-G 35/2. While a good lens in it's own, it can't compete with the others of the G line on performance, A Zeiss Biogon ZM 35/2 is better and more convenient to use.
- Biogon G 28/2.8 great lens in a film camera or a Leica M8/M9/Ricoh GXR. On the NEX, Fuji-.X and other mirrorless there's a variable amount of color shift and smearing on the corners.
- Biogon G 21/28 A legend but, again, performing well only on cameras tuned for RF wide lenses. The G 21/2.8 is almost unusable on a NEX-7 and not much better on the others NEXs

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:37 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · contax-e-mount af adapter

xbarcelo wrote:
I have just tried and it still seems to allow you to preorder… So, no, not everything is gone!

What browser are you using. I tried adding it to my cart but it kept showing an empty cart :-/ (using safari and chrome)

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:43 PM
xbarcelo
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · contax-e-mount af adapter

I don't agree with you assessment. Firstly, you're taking the point of view of someone who doesn't have any G lenses. Now, if that's the case, possibly there are better alternatives (but not at the prices you used to get the Contax G lenses). If you actually have any G lenses, as I do, I feel it's a way of allowing them a new lease of life, as they say, by turning them again into af lenses, as they were intended in the first place. I actually like the planars (both of them. I'd go as far as saying that I prefer the 35, call me a weirdo if you want). The biogons are very nice, even the 21 (no, it's not unusable by any means). The sonnar might be equal to the 85, but it's significantly smaller. I will accept that some adapters are very awkward and some actually very useful (I'm thinking of the metabones one, but it's very annoying to change the lenses. The mechanism is very uncomfortable). However, I have tried to use other lenses and I always come back to the Contax G, because their performance is very good and their size fits my NEX 5N.
That's why I'm excited about this new adapter. Of course no one needs to share my enthusiasm.
Oh, I agree about the AF speed, but then probably you should be using the NEX system, because it doesn't seem to be the quickest to focus… So I think I'll be able to live with not very fast AF (it seems that there will be a MF switch, so I hope that in the situations where I prefer MF, I'd be able to use it).

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:50 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password