Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

Archive 2012 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

skibum5
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

badlydrawnboy wrote:
Well, I just got word from Canon. Turns out the AF system in my 5D3 does need adjustment. They didn't go into detail, but I'm hoping to get more information from them when I call later today. In any event, they said they're going to fix it by tomorrow and I should have it by Saturday.

I'm really glad to know I wasn't going crazy. As I said before, I've never paid this much attention to test shots, AFMA, etc. etc. because I've never had to. When I get a lens if it works well and nails focus in
...Show more

good to hear, hopefully it comes back fixed

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:36 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

AGeoJO wrote:
Well, I love my 24-70mm Mark II, too and I can understand your enthusiasm for it but no, it doesn't "beat" the TS-E 24mm Mark II and 85mm f/1.2L II in a lot of aspects . They all live happily together... .

Me too. I'm definitely keeping the 24-70/2.8L II, 24/3.5L II, and 85/1.2L II. Also keeping the 35/1.4L and 50/1.2L. I recently sold 21 ZE (bought 18 ZE) and I will sell my 24/1.4L.

Jan 08, 2013 at 09:40 PM
badlydrawnboy
• • •
p.4 #3 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

skibum5 wrote:
good to hear, hopefully it comes back fixed

Yeah, that's my worst fear that they acknowledge the problem but don't fix it.

But I don't have any reason to suspect that will happen. Mostly I'm just relieved.

Jan 08, 2013 at 10:26 PM
dogcow23

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

Just picked up my copy of the lens. It is indeed sharper than the old version. My V1 was a very good copy already at 2.8 But it just lacked that fine micro contrast detail. And so far it looks like it is also sharper than my 50mm 1.4 prime.

The zoom ring is indeed a bit stiff when zooming out to 70mm, but not a big deal. And glad the heft of the old lens is gone, V2 is still a lil heavy but you don't feel it as much.

From experience users review on forums is much more accurate than review sites. Quite a few review sites showed samples from this lens and the images was a mixed bag. So wasn't sure if it was a good decision to upgrade. But now I am glad I did.

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:22 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.4 #5 · Is your 24-70 II a little soft at 70mm?

The shutter speed may work to stop motion, but if the subject is moving...

Jan 11, 2013 at 05:39 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password