Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines
  

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
  

Archive 2012 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)
  
 
Martin Good
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Very nice set Tim and for me the 400 5.6 is my favorite lens for all the reasons you mention.
Taking this opportunity to wish you and family a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year with lots of fantastic pics.
Best wishes
Martin



Jan 01, 2013 at 04:22 AM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #2 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Martin Good wrote:
Very nice set Tim and for me the 400 5.6 is my favorite lens for all the reasons you mention.
Taking this opportunity to wish you and family a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year with lots of fantastic pics.
Best wishes
Martin


Thank you for the good words and nice wishes Martin.

Happy New Year to you and yours Martin. I hope you guys have a healthy and happy year.

Tim



Jan 02, 2013 at 02:17 AM
Jude Perera
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #3 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Very nice captures Tim. 400 f5.6 L is my one and only wildlife lens.


Jude



Jan 02, 2013 at 02:55 AM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Jude Perera wrote:
Very nice captures Tim. 400 f5.6 L is my one and only wildlife lens.

Jude


Jude it was my only lens for a long time. It was nice to use it again and realize that my memories of just how good it is aren't exaggerated. It really has to be the best lens in the line up dollar for dollar. Thanks!!!

Tim



Jan 02, 2013 at 04:56 AM
No ANgle
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #5 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Tim Kuhn wrote:
[
Jude it was my only lens for a long time. It was nice to use it again and realize that my memories of just how good it is aren't exaggerated. It really has to be the best lens in the line up dollar for dollar. Thanks!!!

Tim


Tim have you used the 400 5.6 with a canon TC on the 1d4 or 1d3? I am seriously considering getting a TC and the last one I used was a Kenko Pro on my 7D which did AF sort of and gave me very soft pics. Not sure if it is a good combo and I know people say the Canon mkIII Tc is better in IQ. I tried the mk II at the store last week and it seemed ok but noticed a bit less sharpness. If the mk III is better then it may be something I could be happy with. I know most pair the TC's with F4 lenses mostly. With the 1d4 now, I am not affraid to ramp the ISO up as high as 2500 or even 3200 and then process the pics. So that will help keep my shutter up at F8 or above.



Jan 02, 2013 at 06:22 AM
Conrad Tan
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #6 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


The 400 is the KING of short range, strong light, gull/duck sized bird photography! Nice set man


Jan 02, 2013 at 07:51 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #7 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


No ANgle wrote:
Tim have you used the 400 5.6 with a canon TC on the 1d4 or 1d3? I am seriously considering getting a TC and the last one I used was a Kenko Pro on my 7D which did AF sort of and gave me very soft pics. Not sure if it is a good combo and I know people say the Canon mkIII Tc is better in IQ. I tried the mk II at the store last week and it seemed ok but noticed a bit less sharpness. If the mk III is better then it may be something
...Show more

People say all sorts of things I would pay more attention to results I have used the Canon 1.4 mk2 on the 400 and in good light it works pretty good. I do know of others on this forum that have gotten excellent results with that combo. It's all in technique and available light. I don't think the mk3 tc would be any different on the 400 it is a step above the mk2 on the new generation of super tele's. The first shot on this thread http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1178269 was taken with a Kenko 1.4 Pro on an f 5.6 lens.

Tim



Jan 02, 2013 at 03:34 PM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #8 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Conrad Tan wrote:
The 400 is the KING of short range, strong light, gull/duck sized bird photography! Nice set man


I would agree with the good light comment but the 400 is KING for swallow photography Thanks CT

Tim



Jan 02, 2013 at 03:35 PM
No ANgle
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Tim Kuhn wrote:
People say all sorts of things I would pay more attention to results I have used the Canon 1.4 mk2 on the 400 and in good light it works pretty good. I do know of others on this forum that have gotten excellent results with that combo. It's all in technique and available light. I don't think the mk3 tc would be any different on the 400 it is a step above the mk2 on the new generation of super tele's. The first shot on this thread http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1178269 was taken with a Kenko 1.4 Pro on an
...Show more


Ya That is what I read also about the mk III and focusing better with the new mk II supertele's. With the rebate on the mk III's and the fact that I will be getting a 600mm at some point this year I may as well have it in my bag.



Jan 02, 2013 at 06:07 PM
Shasoc
Online
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #10 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Nice work, Tim! Now you can go out and shoot some real shots (JK)
I always take the 400 with me when I go shooting. Great lens!
Have a wonderful New Year, my friend



Jan 02, 2013 at 06:45 PM
Tim Kuhn
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #11 · Getting re-aquainted with an old friend (4)


Shasoc wrote:
Nice work, Tim! Now you can go out and shoot some real shots (JK)
I always take the 400 with me when I go shooting. Great lens!
Have a wonderful New Year, my friend


I do carry that or the 70-300 on my second body most of the time now

Thanks for the good words Socrate, Happy New Year!

Tim



Jan 03, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1       2       3      
4
       end




FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
4
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password