Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

Steven King
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

Michigan completely overmatched EMU last Thursday, losing 93-54.

1 - The high point, after this 3 point shot EMU went up 6-2. Then reality sunk in.

2 -

3 -

4 - I got strobed, he got blocked

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 - Gratuitous Cheesecake

Dec 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM
mkchang
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

2, 5, 6 and 7 look underexposed to me. Were you shooting manual?

Dec 27, 2012 at 03:06 AM
Scott Sewell
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

These are all horizontal, which I find interesting. Granted, there isn't a right or wrong way to shoot basketball, but I generally think of it as a vertical sport where much of the action is up and down. And I must admit i have to work at shooting more horizontal when shooting D1 hoops. But several of these are begging to be vertical rather than horizontal.

I'd be curious to know what your thought process is for shooting like this. Again, not because it's wrong or bad...just different than what I'd expect for most basketball. Thanks!

Dec 27, 2012 at 05:39 AM
Geoffrey Bolte
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

I agree with Michael some of these seem a little underexposed.

Scott, I know Steve is shooting for the EMich Athletics department, and figure most School websites are horizontal for the main page stories. And I do agree basketball is a tough one to shoot horizontally, but it has paid off for me. Figure when UConn won a few years back I made an effort to shoot horizontally and the Championship issue had many of my shots.

Generally with the horizontal I shoot a little tighter, more upper body if anything.

If you look at the men's basketball at UMES whom I shot for when they visited UConn before Christmas you'll see what I mean. http://www.umeshawks.com/sports/m-baskbl/mdes-m-baskbl-body.html

Dec 27, 2012 at 03:35 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Steven King
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

Yes shooting horizontal is what the EMU athletics dept wants, since as Geoff says their website uses almost exclusively a horizontal layout. So that's what I shoot. I will say that it gives the Media dept more options for what they use, and it looks like website sales are doing pretty well too, so no complaints there either.

I would also say that 2, 5, 6, 7 are about .3 to .5 underexposed, and I think it was due to being on the north end, since the ones from the south end with the same settings were OK. I could have bumped them up just a touch in post to recover the lighting.

Also, I was shooting manual, since that's just what I'm used to with indoor, since shooting AP can run the SS down when the background gets dark, like any big arena like this.

Thanks gang.

Dec 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM
zSCOTTz
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

What ISO were you at in crisler? Id love to shoot a game in a gym like that to see where my settings would be. In the high school gyms in Jackson, I am usually at 8,000 ISO 500 SS, f/2.8. The small college in Spring Arbor It was better but I was at 5,000 ISO. That reality that set in, was Stauskas and Burke lol. They play Central Michigan tommorrow, and should win by 30.

Dec 29, 2012 at 01:32 AM
Steven King
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #2 UofM crushes E. Mich

Scott,
ISO1600, yeah not bad. 1/800th, down to 1/500th in one corner, f/4

Dec 31, 2012 at 02:34 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password