Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · My daughter Maya

mpmoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · My daughter Maya

I really like this picture of my daughter and the plan was to print it on 24X36 canvas. I have been playing around with colors and PP and came up with this final version. However, since it is costly to print big canvas I wanted to get second opinion and feedback on the postprocessing and the shot itself before I send to print. Thank you in advance for looking and comments. It's greatly appreciated.

Canon EOS 7D    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    200mm    f/4.0    1/30s    1250 ISO    +0.3 EV  

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · My daughter Maya

This is a very nice image of your daughter, and I'm sure you'd be happy with a big print. Honestly, before I'd print this, I might take a look at other processing, especially black and white. Maybe it's just me (and since you asked), but I think a sepia finish doesn't work as well with infants as something more natural in tone, either in color or black and white. I think you'll find it a bit dated also, as the years go by. Again, that's just my two cents. If you're competent with Photoshop, I might also suggest lightening up the eyes just a bit (not much, just to give a bit of sparkle).

Dec 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · My daughter Maya

I agree with Steve on both the color processing and the eyes. Give the eyes some punch and this will work well. Personally, I'm not so sure about a closeup like this going 24x36, but that's just me. I would definitely do it 20x30, though.

Dec 26, 2012 at 02:22 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password