Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · What's the best extension tube for Nikon?

shawninus
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · What's the best extension tube for Nikon?

Hi, guys,
I am interested in getting a set of extension tubes for Nikon. I looked around and found out only Kenko offers the full compatibility to Nikon AF lenses, such as auto AF and EXIF etc. Is it the only one currently available for Nikon. How's the quality? Any issues? Your input is appreciated!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=375238&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Thanks in advance!

Dec 24, 2012 at 03:06 PM
MarkB1
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · What's the best extension tube for Nikon?

6 days and no response, should tell you something? If you do a search you will find Kenko held in high regard.

Dec 30, 2012 at 07:20 AM
Vox Sciurorum
• •
p.1 #3 · What's the best extension tube for Nikon?

Nikon is mechanically superior (strong and durable). Kenko supports electronic coupling. Pick which is important to you. The electric coupling of one of my Kenko tubes died after a few years of use. Another has a loose part.

If you are using tubes with reversed lenses, go with Nikon to get a stronger, more stable attachment. Remember that the oldest (pre-AI) tubes should not be mounted directly on some newer cameras. They can have an AI tube in between. I have used a compatible PK series tube with some older pre-AI tubes stacked on the non-camera side.

Jan 01, 2013 at 10:43 PM

FM Forums | Macro World | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password