Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2012 · Probably Her Last

Jonathan Huynh
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Probably Her Last

I am very sorry for your loss.

Jan 13, 2013 at 02:21 AM
nolaguy
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Probably Her Last

God bless, comfort and guide. May He keep you and yours, always.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:54 AM
sozypozy
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Probably Her Last

The grainy picture picture works so well with the composition. Gives an old and vintage look, simply great

Jan 13, 2013 at 07:42 PM
brewercm
• •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Probably Her Last

I'm very sorry for your loss and understand completely. I attempted similar at Christmas with my father that we know spent his last Christmas with us as well. It was tough on my mother but she has also made peace with it as much as you can knowing.

Good bless you and your grandmother and wish you peace as well at such a hard time.

Edited on Jan 14, 2013 at 02:10 AM · View previous versions

Jan 13, 2013 at 08:29 PM
tzitzimitl

p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Probably Her Last

Sorry to hear about your loss,

May god bless you and your family.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM
cruisin1

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Probably Her Last

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my grandmother 11/02/2011. she was the last of that generation. It's hard. I still think about her almost every day.
My heart is with you. God bless you and your family in your time of loss.

Jan 14, 2013 at 02:37 AM
g-money
• • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Probably Her Last

So sorry for your loss. What a awesome image though to go with your memories. I missed seeing it the first time around.

Greg

Jan 15, 2013 at 05:50 PM
chobao

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Probably Her Last

Sorry for your lost. Thank you for sharing the picture and the background story. The picture feels peaceful and serene to me for some reason I can't tell.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:07 PM

imaginasian

p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Probably Her Last

Sorry to hear about your lost. Thanks for sharing a great picture.

Jan 15, 2013 at 08:39 PM
H1AlphaGuy
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Probably Her Last

my sincerest condolences, on the passing of your grandmother..........

Jan 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM
lifthard2001
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Probably Her Last

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.We put her to rest yesterday.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Uzay
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Probably Her Last

" Im tired and ready"

this hurts my heart

Jan 16, 2013 at 02:10 PM
Aaron D
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Probably Her Last

chobao wrote:
The picture feels peaceful and serene to me for some reason I can't tell.

It was "the calm before the storm" sadly.

Powerful shot.

I can probably relate more than you know. My only grandparent left is now 96 (I'm 36). I fear this was our last Christmas with her as well. The past 6 years, her mental health has deteriorated greatly. She suffers from severe dementia, is not able to care for herself, hallucinates almost every second and no longer knows who any of us are. And while she had a quad bypass 17! years ago, her physical health is finally starting to deteriorate. About 2 months ago, she took a fall and a good bump to the head. Taken to the hospital, and I was the only one there, the doctor spoke with me. After doing scans on her head, he looked at me with a bewildered look in his eyes. He continued to tell me that most of the tissue in her brain had calcified (about 90% I believe he said) and there was a large aneurism deep inside her brain. This aneurism had been there for quite some time from the looks of things. As such, it's just a ticking time bomb. His exact words were, "I don't know how she's still alive. I really don't. She shouldn't be." Whether it, or just the physical stress on the human body not being able to be tolerated anymore, take her from us, it will be a very sad day for me. When I was younger, I spent many a days helping her after my grandfather passed (I was 8 then). Out of the 3 grandchildren and 3 sons she has, aside from my father, I am the only one that has ever helped this woman. She was the kindest, sweetest old lady you would ever meet. I have always referred to her as "the grandmother you would see on "Leave It To Beaver." The kind that always had fresh baked cookies every time you came over. She would give the shirt off her back to a complete stranger. But that was my grandmother. Sadly, I can't say that about this person now. In a way, she's already left us. The dementia that has consumed her mind has changed her to someone that is almost foreign to us now.

I also watched cancer take my other grandmother about 24 years ago, when I was about 12, just two weeks before Christmas. Her husband passed from a heart attack just 3 weeks prior on Nov 4. With these passings so close to Christmas, the holidays have never been the same and unfortunately changed my life forever. I have become bitter when it comes to the Holiday season. Angry and cold that people that so dearly took care of me where taken from me during a time of what was supposed to be the time of being with those you were thankful to have. Please don't let this happen to yourself.

Watching a very close relative deteriorate like this is more than painful. Especially when it's a relative that has helped care for you, and vice versa. Painful is an understatement. There are no words to describe what it's like watching someone deteriorate like this before your own eyes over the course of a couple of years. Almost like watching a beautiful flower wilt in slow motion.

You have my utmost condolences and sympathy.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM
Bill Gass
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Probably Her Last

bbourizk wrote:
God bless her

Ditto.

Jan 17, 2013 at 01:48 PM
jdiperna
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Probably Her Last

Mark, thank you for sharing. Last year around this time I photographed my own mother just weeks before she joined my father in heaven. Those were her exact words.
Peace be with her and your family.

Jan 17, 2013 at 02:43 PM
jfinite
• • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Probably Her Last

Poignant image. Condolences on your loss.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:46 PM
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password