Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6              51       52       end
  

The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread
  
 
Jabberwockt
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Michiel, I am using a cheaper ebay adapter. From my CY collection, all my lens work with the regular adapter: the 28/2.8, 50/1.4, 35-70/3.4, and the 100/2.0. I use the eg-s focusing screen to manual focus these lens.

With the 35/1.4 - it does not hit the mirror, but I've seen some posts by other forum members where it does hit and damage the rear element of the lens when used on a 5D2. I've tested it once on the 6D at infinity very nervously, it does not seem to hit the mirror.

Edited on Dec 31, 2012 at 05:13 PM · View previous versions



Dec 31, 2012 at 04:21 PM
fpoly
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


One of my first 6d shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/polesny/8324516681/in/photostream

best regards from AUstria
fritz



Dec 31, 2012 at 04:23 PM
XsigmaSD
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


sculptormic wrote:
A question; do you use a normal adapter or is it Leitaxed? If so; are there no mirror problems?
And any more experience with C/Y lenses what will work with regular adapters?

Excuse me for so many questions but I am dubbing over this camera to use my C/Y lenses on.
Never had a Canon before. And manual focussing with this camera?

Thanks, Michiel


Hey Michiel, just to chime in, I posted this in the alt forum...

No mirror strikes on any of the following C/Y Zeiss lenses;
2.8/28 MMJ with Fotodiox Adaptor
1.4/35 AEG with a Leitax mount.
1.4/50 AEJ Fotodiox Adaptor
1.4/85 MMJ Fotodiox Adaptor
2.8/135 MMJ Fotodiox Adaptor

Hope that helps.



Dec 31, 2012 at 04:47 PM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #4 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


fpoly wrote:
One of my first 6d shots:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/polesny/8324516681/in/photostream

best regards from AUstria
fritz


Hallo Fritz,
Gratulation zur neuen Kamera und viel Vergnügen damit. Ein stsehr stimmungsvolles Bild hast Du da abgelichtet.

GlG
Ralph



Dec 31, 2012 at 04:54 PM
sculptormic
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


XsigmaSD wrote:
Hey Michiel, just to chime in, I posted this in the alt forum...

No mirror strikes on any of the following C/Y Zeiss lenses;
2.8/28 MMJ with Fotodiox Adaptor
1.4/35 AEG with a Leitax mount.
1.4/50 AEJ Fotodiox Adaptor
1.4/85 MMJ Fotodiox Adaptor
2.8/135 MMJ Fotodiox Adaptor

Hope that helps.


Thank you! I have all of them except the 135. Do you think the 35/1.4 will work with a regular adapter?
And I am curious about the planar 100/2 because it's one of my favourite lenses.
Just bought the Tessar 45/2.8 Curious about that one too.

Anybody?

I must say, I love all the examples of the 6D I see in this thread. Please more
Hope I don't intervene with my questions.

Happy New Year,
Michiel



Dec 31, 2012 at 05:33 PM
XsigmaSD
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #6 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


sculptormic wrote:
Thank you! I have all of them except the 135. Do you think the 35/1.4 will work with a regular adapter?
And I am curious about the planar 100/2 because it's one of my favourite lenses.
Just bought the Tessar 45/2.8 Curious about that one too.

Anybody?

I must say, I love all the examples of the 6D I see in this thread. Please more
Hope I don't intervene with my questions.

Happy New Year,
Michiel

I'm going to guess that the 1.4/35 will clear with another adaptor, part of the Leitax mount actually protrudes slightly beyond the iris lever and rear element on the lens, and it clears with no issue.

I can't help you with the 100/2.

I can say, that I just picked up an EG-S screen at my local camera shop... GET ONE! It helps a bunch with these lenses, more than I though it would.



Dec 31, 2012 at 08:05 PM
kylebarendrick
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


I haven't posted in this forum before, as I primarily hang out in the landscape forum. I bought myself a 6D for Christmas as an upgrade from my trusty T1i - and it is a significant upgrade. I gave it a test drive in Northern California and Oregon this week so I'll share a few shots, all with my Tamron 28-75 f/2.8:
Prairie Creek Redwoods





Bandon Beach (the center point did focus easily on the sea stack)





Punchbowl Falls





- Kyle



Dec 31, 2012 at 09:07 PM
mMontag
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #8 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


For the folks concerned about mirror strike with alt lenses - all of the Contax lenses mentioned (except the Contax 45/2.8) have not had problems on the 5d's and as mentioned not on the 6d. The rear of those lenses do not protrude beyond the profile of the adapters. There have been a few reports of those lenses having 5d mirror complications - more times than not it is the fault of a too thin adapter and an occasional longer than normal aperture stem on the MM versions that need about .5mm trimmed / reduced.

I have heard of 5d complications with the Tessar but forgotten what the "fix" was - let us know how it works.

Someone with a converted but not modified (cut/reduced) for infinity - Rokkor 58/1.2 needs to test for infinity and let us know - thanks



Dec 31, 2012 at 09:14 PM
mikegrados
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #9 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


OK, I shut up and shot...here's some recent results, though nothing where I'm really testing the camera's capabilities (yet).



The one thing I did notice was that I was able to pull a lot of detail back from an otherwise mostly blown out sky. The new ACR7 might have helped a bit too with the data recovery.







Jan 01, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Ralph Conway
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #10 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Great people! Great shots, Mike. Like them very much.
Have a great new year, too.

Ralph



Jan 01, 2013 at 08:24 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ciprian.trofin
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #11 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


kylebarendrick wrote:
I haven't posted in this forum before, as I primarily hang out in the landscape forum. I bought myself a 6D for Christmas as an upgrade from my trusty T1i - and it is a significant upgrade. I gave it a test drive in Northern California and Oregon this week so I'll share a few shots, all with my Tamron 28-75 f/2.8


How is Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 on full frame ? I'm most interested in edge image quality (light fall off and sharpness in f/8-f/16 range).

I have the same lens and I'm interested in 6D (in a distant future...)



Jan 01, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Yakim Peled
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #12 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Sodonn wrote:
Did some more shooting today with my 6D....totally loving it.
1 .http://sodonn.smugmug.com/photos/i-9s85j2f/0/XL/i-9s85j2f-XL.jpg
2 .http://sodonn.smugmug.com/photos/i-bkCW4Kg/0/XL/i-bkCW4Kg-XL.jpg
3 .http://sodonn.smugmug.com/photos/i-vDLZPdX/0/XL/i-vDLZPdX-XL.jpg
4 .http://sodonn.smugmug.com/photos/i-CTKLSrn/0/XL/i-CTKLSrn-XL.jpg


You mean, totally loving her... BTW, interesting bokeh in the first pic. Which lens was used?

Happy shooting,
Yakim.



Jan 01, 2013 at 10:58 AM
sculptormic
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #13 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Jabberwockt wrote:
Michiel, I am using a cheaper ebay adapter. From my CY collection, all my lens work with the regular adapter: the 28/2.8, 50/1.4, 35-70/3.4, and the 100/2.0. I use the eg-s focusing screen to manual focus these lens.

With the 35/1.4 - it does not hit the mirror, but I've seen some posts by other forum members where it does hit and damage the rear element of the lens when used on a 5D2. I've tested it once on the 6D at infinity very nervously, it does not seem to hit the mirror.


Thank you. This looks good. I think I must buy the 6D now

mMontag; Also thanks for your confirmation!

I will now shut up and let you shoot

Michiel



Jan 01, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Tom Boucher
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


thanks for starting this. Just ordered one to replace my 5D. Looks like I'm going to be really happy when mine gets here later this week.

Are there any 'major' changes in 'how buttons work' from the 5D to 6D? I'm not finding any reviews yet and I'm coming off checking out a Rebel Ti and how hard it was to get the Aperture settings. It looks likes the standard 'two wheels' method is still there when in manual mode.

Never had a problem with the AF on the 5D with what I shoot so guessing not going to miss whatever people are talking about in the Mk3



Jan 01, 2013 at 04:29 PM
Socalastro
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #15 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Here are some of my first shots with the 6D




Zabriske Point - Death Valley






Shoreline Harobor, Long Beach CA




Jan 01, 2013 at 05:33 PM
kylebarendrick
Online
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #16 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


ciprian.trofin wrote:
How is Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 on full frame ? I'm most interested in edge image quality (light fall off and sharpness in f/8-f/16 range).

I have the same lens and I'm interested in 6D (in a distant future...)

I may not be the best judge, but I looked at the corners at 100% and didn't see any significant light fall off. There may be a touch of softness but nothing I noticed until I looked closely. I shot at mostly f/16. Overall I was very happy with the combination and really enjoyed shooting full frame for the first time since I went digital.



Jan 01, 2013 at 06:09 PM
ciprian.trofin
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #17 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


Yakim Peled wrote:
BTW, interesting bokeh in the first pic. Which lens was used?
Happy shooting,
Yakim.



Canon 50mm f/1.4. Check EXIF.



Jan 01, 2013 at 06:50 PM
Yakim Peled
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #18 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


ciprian.trofin wrote:
Canon 50mm f/1.4. Check EXIF.


10X. I spend most of my time in places I can't.

Happy shooting,
Yakim.



Jan 02, 2013 at 09:57 AM
StillFingerz
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #19 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


I know this isn't a technical question thread, but as a 40D, 50D and a once in awhile borrowed 5Dc, 5D2 user, how is the AF system? The -3ev cross-type center point should be spot on, but how do the other non-cross type outer points work; not usable, just usable, usable...

I'm mostly a manual focus or AF center point recompose shooter...but use the outer points on occasion. Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
Jerry




Jan 02, 2013 at 06:36 PM
RobDickinson
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #20 · The 6D "Shut Up and Shoot" Thread


I'm finding the focus points fine, nothing has stood out as bad. It doesnt seem as fast as some to pick up moving targets (BIF).

The ergonomics are poorer than a 7d/5d2 for selection and they are grouped quite centrally.



Jan 02, 2013 at 06:57 PM
1       2       3       4      
5
       6              51       52       end




FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6              51       52       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password