1       2      
       4       end

Archive 2012 · Snow Queen

ct8282
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Snow Queen

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Thank you so much guys! I did get lucky with some cute and willing (usually...haha) models.

RE women and natural light...yes, I've noticed that as well. In fact, I used to be one of them until you guys here pushed me enough to where I taught myself OCF. I'm no expert at it but I can pull it off when I need to and it's been a lot of fun to add something new to my bag of tricks. I've also noticed the opposite in regard to male photographers...some of them (just speaking generally here) seem to think that
...Show more

Not sure I believe that's you. Can't be possible to a) give birth to 9 babies and look that good, and b) raise 9 kids and look that good.

Nice to have you back, but please don't charge off anywhere again.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:23 AM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Snow Queen

Aw, thank you! I'll stick around and try to keep my hormones in check.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:31 AM
ct8282
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Snow Queen

Lisa_Holloway wrote:
Aw, thank you! I'll stick around and try to keep my hormones in check.

Lol. Great to hear that. I'm not done with trying to steal your processing techniques yet....

And Merry Christmas.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:36 AM
John P Mulgrew
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Snow Queen

I was thinking the same thing with the guys, it's kind of funny actually. Thanks for replying Lisa and Happy Holidays.

Dec 24, 2012 at 09:40 AM
Tubby
• • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Snow Queen

Love the second shot with the bridge! Great job

Dec 24, 2012 at 01:40 PM
fstop212
• • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Snow Queen

All I can say is WOW. Outstanding work and model

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:12 AM
cmillc22
• • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Snow Queen

outstanding as usual, love your work and with 9 children and one on the way and you still do photography and you moved to a new house, remarkable. my favs are #1,2,4,7. keep up the good work

Dec 27, 2012 at 04:37 PM
David-D
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Snow Queen

What a lovely set of images. I love them all. Excellent work as always : )

Dec 27, 2012 at 04:40 PM
marcofree

p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Snow Queen

Very stunning! That last photograph was simply breathtaking. She is a lovely model. And, you did so well with the photography; perfect poses and setting up the scene.

http://wedding-videography.info

Dec 28, 2012 at 03:30 PM
Nikons4Me

p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Snow Queen

Awesome!!!
Ed

Dec 29, 2012 at 08:42 AM
liamh
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Snow Queen

Great pics, though I feel the lipstick is a little too dominant for my taste.

Dec 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM
Mme.Paquin
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Snow Queen

Wow, I'm so glad you're back, I lurked here to look at your pics. Your eldest daughter is beautiful, and growing up quickly (mine is the same age).

I love image 3. Love, love, love it. She looks like she just belongs in the woods.

Congrats on #10.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:51 PM
tzitzimitl

p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Snow Queen

These are incredible Lisa.

I really like looking at your work. It's very beautiful, and I find it very inspirational.

Jan 13, 2013 at 09:48 PM
Bfindlay

p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Snow Queen

Wow - lots of praise, nice to have a supportive community of friends. As the stranger here, I will walk cautiously.

I like the pictures as well, but the thing that stuck out for me in most shots was the watermark. Hate it. Right in the middle of most compositions, distracting the eye very strongly. Suggest rethinking your watermark style and placement (bottom left and right corners, much smaller comes to mind).

Other than that - great work!

Jan 18, 2013 at 02:39 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Snow Queen

I'll have to go with 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
(don't care for the rest )

nice dramatic set, wonderful light too (soft and golden), probably some very fine processing done too
beautiful

Edited on Jan 18, 2013 at 03:34 PM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:15 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Snow Queen

John P Mulgrew wrote:
Those are beautiful and so are many on your website. I do have a question about women and photography. I have a lot of friends who "like" many women photographers on Facebook and the one thing they all have in common is they use only natural light and many will not even use reflectors. Why are so many women afraid to use lighting? Maybe afraid isn't the right word. Just curious

Interesting, I wonder if it is more of a background thing than a male or female thing though. I was under the vague impression that people who were more landscape/natural world photographers and then dabbled in some portraits/models/weddings type work were a lot more into using mostly natural light or natural light plus a reflector, male or female, and those who started out trying studio/portrait stuff almost from the start were more into all sorts of fancy strobes/flash/this and that stuff going on.

Sometimes I get the impression that the natural light lovers are shocked that some people always try to sneak in flash for everything (why are they so afraid of going over ISO100 or trying to use natural light ) and the big flash shooters are stunned and horrified (shocked. SHOCKED!) to hear than any photo has ever been taking without using a flash .

But I don't really have all that much contact with people who focus mostly on models so I could have a slanted view.

I have to say that I am both male and more of using natural light for everything as much as possible but I can see some use for reflectors at times certainly and even a trace of fill flash here or there. I have to confess that I don't even own anything more than a ring flash (got it for macro) and a cheap little sunpak when it comes to flash. I'm not a wedding shooter though and have only barely dabbled into models, I'd probably have more of a flash if I was/did just for the times when you simply do come closer to truly needing it.

Jan 18, 2013 at 03:32 PM
Lisa_Holloway
• • • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Snow Queen

Thank you again for the comments and thoughts everyone.

RE the watermark issue...I put it in the center of the image because I have had my work stolen and used without my permission many, many times. I hope that by putting it in a more centralized area of the photo, it will be more of a deterrent. Probably not, but one can hope.

Jan 18, 2013 at 05:47 PM
gordon l
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Snow Queen

Your first shot is so impressive. Amazing work. I also visited your website and am duly impressed.

Gordon

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:16 AM
JakeB.
• • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Snow Queen

Lisa, these are gorgeous... but that's something I've come to expect from your photography.
Your daughter is stunning as well; congrats on adding another to the mix

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:26 AM
david1234
• • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Snow Queen

making me want a 85!!!!!
great work as usual lisa

Jan 25, 2013 at 01:31 AM
1       2      
       4       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.