Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Problem Installing LR4

tarheel
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Problem Installing LR4

Running an iMac, Mac OS X, version 10.6.8. 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM. The photo editing software installed: PSCS5, Bridge, and LR3. I purchased a LR4 upgrade (the actual disk - not a download) from B&H Photo. Of course, all the software is legit and purchased from Adobe - until I bought the LR4 upgrade which was bought from B&H Photo. The hard drive is 95% unused. I put the LR4 CD in the iMac and click through the installation steps and it gets to the point it is "writing files" - and that goes about 20 to 25% through that process and a screen pops up informing me the installation has failed and to try again - and/or contact the software manufacturer/Adobe. I have closed everything and rebooted and tried several times with no luck. Do you realize how difficult it is to contact Adobe - I mean to talk to someone at Adobe - almost impossible. What a frustrating situation.
Oh, LR3 works fine - I just can't do the upgrade that I paid for!
Any ideas on this?
Thx

Dec 22, 2012 at 01:54 PM
James_N
• • •
p.1 #2 · Problem Installing LR4

Download the current version directly from Adobe's website and see if that works; all you'll need is the serial number from the CD sent by B&H. The current version of Lightroom is 4.3 and its unlikely that the CD represents the most recent version.

Lightroom 4.3 for Mac: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5520

Of course I don't think that not having the most recent version is the cause of the problem but it can't hurt to try another version. I know you're using a Mac but do you have any antivirus or other background services running? If so, turn them off temporarily. Also you may want to look into disk permissions.

Dec 22, 2012 at 03:34 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Problem Installing LR4

Good advice from James to download directly from Adobe and install.

Dec 22, 2012 at 03:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

JJBub
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · Problem Installing LR4

I agree with James_N and DanBrown. Download the latest version of LR from Adobe's site. Install from that. You'll need your original serial no. and the upgrade serial no.

Dec 23, 2012 at 04:33 AM
tarheel
• • •
p.1 #5 · Problem Installing LR4

James,
Thanks for the tip! Of course this worked fine and LR4 is now installed and working on my iMac. When computer issues frustrate me i don't think through things very well - and as simple as the solution was I did not think of it.
Of course to convert the LR4 download from a limited trial version to a paid for permanent one I needed the serial numbers from both LR3 and LR4 - which of course I had.
Thanks to Dan and JJ for your replies.

Happy Holidays,
Bill

Dec 23, 2012 at 05:05 PM
JJBub
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · Problem Installing LR4

tarheel wrote:
James,
Thanks for the tip! Of course this worked fine and LR4 is now installed and working on my iMac. When computer issues frustrate me i don't think through things very well - and as simple as the solution was I did not think of it.
Of course to convert the LR4 download from a limited trial version to a paid for permanent one I needed the serial numbers from both LR3 and LR4 - which of course I had.
Thanks to Dan and JJ for your replies.

Happy Holidays,
Bill

Great news. It baffled me the first time I did a machine change too (a couple of years ago).

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:12 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password