Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · GH3 Images

Emanuele_C
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · GH3 Images

Hi!

This is the third week I'm testing for review the GH3 and so far I'm positively impressed with its photographic performances: being an E-M5 owner myself, I'm aware of the great achievements of the latter regarding the sensor. I feel the Panasonic to be very similar in this respect.

Since my humble opinion is that, as photographic tool, the GH3 is very capable, I thought to start a specific thread, similar to the one inspired by the OM-D itself.

Those are my first shots with the GH3 and the (incredible) Olympus 75mm F1.8, all are wide-open at native base ISO (200). Hope u'll like them.

Ciao,

Emanuele

Dec 21, 2012 at 04:28 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · GH3 Images

Nice! Anyone have any idea when they will be shipping to the USA?

Dec 21, 2012 at 04:57 PM
Emanuele_C
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · GH3 Images

jojomon11 wrote:
Nice! Anyone have any idea when they will be shipping to the USA?

Thanks!

The GH3 is heavily backordered all around the world, it seems: the body only is almost impossible to find (at least here in Italy) and the (few) available (but costly) bundles are with the 14-140mm or 12-35mm lenses.
My guess is that we'll need to wait some more months to be able to find some GH3s on the shelves easily.

Well, in the mean time, here's another shot.

Dec 22, 2012 at 08:32 AM
BassRock

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · GH3 Images

I have had my GH3 for a few weeks, and the GH2 before that. I think the GH3 is a good upgrade, especially in terms of handling but also in IQ. A brief summary of my thoughts on this camera are here, with some examples http://www.pbase.com/bassrock/gh3
And a few of my recent GH3 pictures.

Dec 22, 2012 at 09:19 AM
Emanuele_C
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · GH3 Images

Another one...

Dec 22, 2012 at 02:58 PM
Emanuele_C
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · GH3 Images

Nice shots, Bass,

BassRock wrote:
I have had my GH3 for a few weeks, and the GH2 before that. I think the GH3 is a good upgrade, especially in terms of handling but also in IQ. A brief summary of my thoughts on this camera are here, with some examples http://www.pbase.com/bassrock/gh3
And a few of my recent GH3 pictures.

Dec 22, 2012 at 03:01 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · GH3 Images

Very nice images BassRock and Emanuele

I hope they start shipping to USA soon, or I might end up getting something else

Phil

Dec 22, 2012 at 03:13 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · GH3 Images

GH3

Edited on Feb 03, 2013 at 10:35 PM · View previous versions

Jan 27, 2013 at 01:19 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · GH3 Images

Is it just me but I'm liking the GH3 output better than the OM-D ?.

Jan 27, 2013 at 03:02 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · GH3 Images

One of the huge advantages the OMD has over the GH3 is the in camera stabilization

Jan 27, 2013 at 03:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Bifurcator
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · GH3 Images

Emanuele_C wrote:
Hi!

This is the third week I'm testing for review the GH3 and so far I'm positively impressed with its photographic performances: being an E-M5 owner myself, I'm aware of the great achievements of the latter regarding the sensor. I feel the Panasonic to be very similar in this respect.

Since my humble opinion is that, as photographic tool, the GH3 is very capable, I thought to start a specific thread, similar to the one inspired by the OM-D itself.

Those are my first shots with the GH3 and the (incredible) Olympus 75mm F1.8, all are wide-open at native base ISO (200).
...Show more

Yep, from the investigating I've done the sensors in the GH2, GH3, and OM-D are all created more-or-less equal in terms of Rez, DR, and Noise handling - probably color accuracy too but I haven't seen that tested out yet. So for images the only difference is the JPeg rendering engines - where of course Olympus wins by a lap or two. All of the rest of it is feature, function, price, and ergonomics - of the respective bodies. So here's a case where just looking at the spec sheets can decide it - for anything interested in one of these three.

Right now I'm shooting the GH2 but will probably move to the OM-D fairly soon. The current e-bay prices are looking very very tempting! The GH3 prices are still quite prohibitive - for me - considering it's a 4/3 and all...

Jan 27, 2013 at 04:37 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · GH3 Images

GH3

Edited on Feb 03, 2013 at 10:35 PM · View previous versions

Jan 27, 2013 at 05:13 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · GH3 Images

It's just you! The GH3 sensor is very similar if not identical to the OM-D sensor.

And if I may say so, the lens you stick on the GH3 or OM-D would make a difference. Olympus prime lenses rock!

kewlcanon wrote:
Is it just me but I'm liking the GH3 output better than the OM-D ?.

Jan 27, 2013 at 06:29 PM
jojomon11
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · GH3 Images

bobbytan wrote:
It's just you! The GH3 sensor is very similar if not identical to the OM-D sensor.

And if I may say so, the lens you stick on the GH3 or OM-D would make a difference. Olympus prime lenses rock!

I would have to agree with Bobby and I have both and it is very similar, the negative of the GH3 is lack of image stabilization in camera

Jan 27, 2013 at 06:34 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · GH3 Images

How can I trust you...you are an OM-D fanboy .

bobbytan wrote:

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:14 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · GH3 Images

Bifurcator wrote:
[Yep, from the investigating I've done the sensors in the GH2, GH3, and OM-D are all created more-or-less equal in terms of Rez, DR, and Noise handling

The GH3 and OM-D are more or less equal in terms of resolution, DR and Noise. The GH2 is close, but not quite at that level in the noise department (similar up to around ISO 1600, then the newer cams take a noticeable lead, especially in color accuracy at high ISOs). The GH3 and OM-D are also noticeably better in the DR department over the GH2. DxO measures it to be about a stop, but in practical use, it feels closer to two stops in my experience.

That said, for most shooting, you'd be hard pressed to tell a difference between all three...it's only at the extremes of their abilities that the differences become apparent. While I love my OM-D (and I'm finding it very hard to use my GX1 now since I'm so used to the OM-D's awesome IBIS), I do have to say that Panasonic is still by far the best when it comes to autofocus...it's both faster and more precise than the OM-Ds, though the OM-D's is still quite good.

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:19 PM
thaiusmle2

p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · GH3 Images

Sorry to ask in this image thread, but it's hard to get any answer anywhere else. I am about to buy a GH3 today. I have one question for anyone with Panasonic 7-14. Have you guys seen any purple flare or ghosting in picture with bright light source or window in the frame with this combo (GH3 + Panasonic 7-14). I am not talking about regular flare from UWA or CA. Thanks!

TC

Jan 27, 2013 at 07:40 PM
bobbytan
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · GH3 Images

No, far from the truth. I have several pet peeves/dislikes with the OM-D and I would MUCH rather have the GH3 body and ergonomics ... with the OM-D sensor and IBIS. But I am an Olympus prime lens fanboy!

kewlcanon wrote:
How can I trust you...you are an OM-D fanboy .

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:00 PM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · GH3 Images

thaiusmle2 wrote:
Sorry to ask in this image thread, but it's hard to get any answer anywhere else. I am about to buy a GH3 today. I have one question for anyone with Panasonic 7-14. Have you guys seen any purple flare or ghosting in picture with bright light source or window in the frame with this combo (GH3 + Panasonic 7-14). I am not talking about regular flare from UWA or CA. Thanks!

TC

I don't own the GH3, but I've only seen that issue on the OM-D. I don't know if it manifests itself on the GH3, but all the other Panasonic cameras I've had have been fine with it. It doesn't crop up that often, though. I've only had one shoot where it was truly detrimental, and that's when I was shooting a warehouse with very high fluorescent high-bay fixtures, that caused little purple streaks throughout the image. The VAST majority of the images are clean with it.

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:04 PM
kewlcanon
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · GH3 Images

Ehmmm... have you purchased Olympus 17 f/1.8 ?.

bobbytan wrote:
No, far from the truth. I have several pet peeves/dislikes with the OM-D and I would MUCH rather have the GH3 body and ergonomics ... with the OM-D sensor and IBIS. But I am an Olympus prime lens fanboy!

Jan 27, 2013 at 08:14 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password