Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2012 · USPS rant (small)

BenV
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · USPS rant (small)

Yeah, I'm well aware that its the holidays, I'm just kind of ticked off that USPS seems to not care at all about schedules. I bought an item last weekend, seller shipped it out Monday via USPS (as I stupidly asked for), estimated delivery date was Wednesday. USPS already came by my work and still no package. It's now 2 days late, and the 'tracking' system they use is down right pathetic. They might as well tell you "it might get there on this day, or some time after that day, but not before it", the last check in they had for the package was 2 days ago.

Anywho, I just had to rant a little. I know most of you don't care about my problems but at least I feel a little better expressing myself.

Edited on Dec 20, 2012 at 06:15 PM · View previous versions

Dec 20, 2012 at 05:51 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · USPS rant (small)

Let it out. Canada Post is about the same. They're not fast, but at least they're inconsistent.

Dec 20, 2012 at 06:02 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · USPS rant (small)

I have an item sent from Ohio on the 18th with expected delivery by USPS on the 21st. It's out for delivery now, a day early. You win some and you lose some.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:09 PM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · USPS rant (small)

Not my experience.

Went to my local post office 2 days ago to ship some items. The line was 15 people deep when I arrived, three postal clerks working the counter. I was impressed with both the speed and courtesy these 3 clerks showed. The greeted each customer with respect and friendliness. The technology they had to measure, rate, and take payment was fast and efficient.

The only problems I saw were from the customers. Some were dazed and confused, unable to coherently express what they wanted. Some had packages wrapped too poorly to possibly survive shipment. When it was time to pay, one woman took about 5 minutes just to find her wallet in a purse the size of a large dog. It gave me compassion for the clerks who had to deal with such idiots.

I've got a distant nephew who works for the postal service. His father told me he's putting in double shifts through the holidays, and makes about $60k a year, with all that overtime.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I'm in Iowa where the work ethic may be a bit better than maybe Newark or Chicago. But in the U.S. we have one of the best postal services in the world. Talk to the Italians, or the French, or the Brazilians about their postal service. Then move on to the Mexicans, the South Americans, the Africans. Even the Germans I know praise our U.S. system over theirs.

Dec 20, 2012 at 07:24 PM
Ho1972
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · USPS rant (small)

Sorry about your luck, but I typically use USPS for Buy/Sell transactions. When I'm the seller, I use Express Mail which I've found to be secure, fast and nearly flawless. Those who clamor for the mail service to be taken over by UPS and FedEx don't know what they're asking for.

Dec 20, 2012 at 08:07 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · USPS rant (small)

Ho1972, I have the exact same experience with USPS Express Mail. Recently, however, I've lucked out with USPS Priority both to the West coast and to Florida.

Dec 20, 2012 at 08:28 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · USPS rant (small)

I guess I've just had a string of bad luck with USPS. Typically when I use it, I do so because they deliver on Saturdays. I've just never had UPS or Fedex miss delivery dates like USPS does. I just really want my new toy for the weekend and I know I'm probably being spoiled

but it is a bit frustrating. I was hoping to have it before the weekend for the 3 Christmas parties.

BTW for those wondering, its a D800 I'm waiting on.

Dec 20, 2012 at 08:36 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · USPS rant (small)

BenV wrote:
I just really want my new toy for the weekend and I know I'm probably being spoiled

"Instant gratification is not soon enough."
- Meryl Streep

Dec 20, 2012 at 09:14 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · USPS rant (small)

DanBrown wrote:
"Instant gratification is not soon enough."
- Meryl Streep

ain't it the truth

Dec 20, 2012 at 09:44 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · USPS rant (small)

Ben, argghhh, what a bummer. Any chance that puppy will show up tomorrow?

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · USPS rant (small)

anthonysemone wrote:
Ben, argghhh, what a bummer. Any chance that puppy will show up tomorrow?

Who knows, this is the last update I got:

Depart USPS Sort Facility

December 18, 2012

OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM
anthonysemone
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · USPS rant (small)

It is for me on Priority Mail usually the case that delivery notice doesn't show up until the item has been delivered Not so with Express Mail but for one time. Hope it works out for you.

Dec 20, 2012 at 11:10 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · USPS rant (small)

Here's my standard "shipping advisory" notice for items with value less than $1000. Canada Post provides a max of $1000 insurance for out of country shipments.

Your lens was sent this afternoon. The tracking number is: CE........CA

Use the "Tracking Number" dialogue box at http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/default.jsf?LOCALE=en to check progress. Canada Post is about the same as USPS for updating tracking info, so don't be surprised if it comes to your door before the tracking system says it's left Canada.

Please let me know when it arrives.

Thanks again, Jim

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:51 AM
sorpa
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · USPS rant (small)

jcolwell wrote:
Let it out. Canada Post is about the same. They're not fast, but at least they're inconsistent.

I just bought a knife from Pictou. Shipped with Canada Post. It was in my mail box 4 days later. Tracking number on their website worked perfectly.

Dec 21, 2012 at 01:55 AM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · USPS rant (small)

jcolwell wrote:
Here's my standard "shipping advisory" notice for items with value less than $1000. Canada Post provides a max of $1000 insurance for out of country shipments.

haha yeah that pretty much sums it up. I've had this problem before, but never right before Christmas and with such a high dollar item. That's why I'm somewhat paranoid.

Dec 21, 2012 at 02:37 AM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · USPS rant (small)

Complain to USPS. My carrier delivers packages about 2 times a week, regardless of delivery estimates. Balls!

Dec 21, 2012 at 02:03 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · USPS rant (small)

Allynb wrote:
Complain to USPS. My carrier delivers packages about 2 times a week, regardless of delivery estimates. Balls!

It's actually more useful complaining here. When I call USPS nobody gives a damn. They treat you like you're annoying them.

Dec 21, 2012 at 02:10 PM
Allynb
• • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · USPS rant (small)

I hear that. The customer is always wrong. !

Dec 21, 2012 at 02:12 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · USPS rant (small)

sorpa wrote:
I just bought a knife from Pictou. Shipped with Canada Post. It was in my mail box 4 days later. Tracking number on their website worked perfectly.

Agreed. I was talking about shipping to the US.

P.S. Grohmann knives are really nice, n'est-ce pas?

Dec 21, 2012 at 07:11 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · USPS rant (small)

Allynb wrote:
I hear that. The customer is always wrong. !

oh man thats the truth!

Dec 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password