Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

Dano39
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

Hey everyone,

I have had my Epson 3800 for a couple years and love the print quality I am getting from it. However, I have one issue I wanted to see if anyone on the forum could help me correct.

When I print my images WITH a border, doesn't matter the size of border, on larger papers such as 11x14 and 13x19, the margins on the long sides will be crooked just a few millimeters. I know when I put the image in a frame with a matte its not an issue but if I am selling prints, customers may notice it as I have and ask questions about it. I would rather see if I can fix it myself.

Has anyone had this problem with their 3800?

Thanks,
Daniel

Dec 20, 2012 at 03:13 AM
Peter Le
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

I have had a 3800 since it came out........don't use it much anymore because I moved up to a 24" printer. Still use it on occasion and am still amazed how well it performs after all these years.......almost never a clog....just amazing.....wish they could get their larger printers to preform this well.
As I remember when I would print with larger papers every now and then one would feed slightly crooked. The printer would print just fine but the resulting print would be slightly off. Never really worried about it. You would think the printer would see the paper was slightly off........but it must not be enough for it to stop and give the paper loading error. Only thing I could say would be more careful when loading paper in the back feed.....you have to push down on the paper to get it to load......try doing this as evenly as possible. Hope this helps......P

Dec 20, 2012 at 03:41 AM
Dano39
• •
p.1 #3 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

Yea Peter, it's only a minor detail. Like I mentioned, I really like the print detail I have been getting, just wanted to see if there was a fix for the occasion misalignment of the borders.

Dec 20, 2012 at 04:05 AM
Hightraxx
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

I don't have the printer that you have but the ones I use have a Printer head alignment in your printer maintenance program if yours has the maintenance program click on it and it should show printer head alignment. Hope this helps

Norm

Dec 20, 2012 at 04:37 AM
Photon
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

I experienced that occasionally with 17" paper (and maybe 13x19 too), then realized I had neglected the little fold-out paper edge guide near the top of the fully extended loading tray. For some reason, that seemed to affect how well the paper is squared up when it runs through. Maybe something to try, if you're not already using it.

Dec 20, 2012 at 04:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Dano39
• •
p.1 #6 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

lol Photon, I can honestly say in the 2 years of owning it I never noticed that foldout piece, I will give it a try tomorrow when I print. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Dec 20, 2012 at 04:52 AM
JohnBrose
• • •
p.1 #7 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

Mine always prints nice and parallel to the paper edge. I always have the guide up to the paper though so it stays nice and tight-this gets some slack when the printer starts printing anyway. I was thinking of suggesting trying the back input slot, but that would probably just be worse.

Dec 20, 2012 at 05:04 AM
Dano39
• •
p.1 #8 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

yeah, 95% of the time I am using the top feed, only when I got to the Exhibition Fiber papers do I switch to the back

Dec 20, 2012 at 06:17 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Epson 3800 - Uneven Margins

I've had epson photo printers since 1995 and none has ever given me exact even white margins around the print area using sheet paper. And, I don't care. For any presentation, I mount behind a cutout mat board, so the un-evenness is a non issue. I've used roll paper for a number of years, too, and there is never an uniform white edge. That's why you should have a Rototrim cutter to 'even' the edges if you will be showing loose prints and the edge bothers you.

Dec 22, 2012 at 07:34 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password