Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Time to retire my 20D after 8 years of use around the wor...

hugodrax
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Time to retire my 20D after 8 years of use around the world for a 6D :)

Will arrive soon, will post a review on it. Anyhow my 20D has been my trust old camera for a good 8 years getting used in rain or shine, getting plenty of bumps along the way. It has been a solid workhorse with plenty of hard use.

Anyhow it is amazing what 8 years of constant refinement and technological advancements brought to photography. The 6D for me is the perfect body for what I do.

#1 I always use center point focus,one shot focus,one shot drive so 45-1000 AF points would mean nothing for my use.

#2 WiFi/GPS defiantly seems like an interesting feature to explore and it looks to be a positive in workflow.
#3 Full frame! I forgot what it was like to use lenses as intended with a full 35mm film plane

6D seems to fit the bill since I primarily shoot in existing lighting conditions without the use of flash and -3 EV center point focus will definitely be a huge plus for me

Anyhow I get this bad boy friday, will take it for a spin and see how it compares

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM
sirimiri
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Time to retire my 20D after 8 years of use around the world for a 6D :)

Did you shoot 35mm film much, before getting a digital SLR?

Because getting back to the image perspective and characteristics I knew and loved, was pure elation.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM
hugodrax
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Time to retire my 20D after 8 years of use around the world for a 6D :)

sirimiri wrote:
Did you shoot 35mm film much, before getting a digital SLR?

Because getting back to the image perspective and characteristics I knew and loved, was pure elation.

I have been shooting film for quite some time before digital(2 decades of film shooting), I developed my own film/enlargements I do not miss the mess of the chemicals and fussing with the patterson tank though. I got my feet wet experimenting via an Apple quick take camera in the mid 90s but did not begin the switch until I got a 10D body.

I still have one film body left, my old Pentax with a 50 attached to it.

In the end its really all the same, A box with a lens, a mechanical shutter and some kind of light sensitive substrate to capture the photons in a specific snapshot in time.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM
David Baldwin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Time to retire my 20D after 8 years of use around the world for a 6D :)

"Because getting back to the image perspective and characteristics I knew and loved, was pure elation"

+97!!!

In fact I really like having both crop and FF bodies in my outfit, so wonder if Hugo is going to keep his faithful 20D as a backup/complement to his new 6D?

For financial reasons I suspect that my early model 5D2 will have to last me another 3 years or so, at which time it won't be much younger then than the the venerable 20D is today!

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password