Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Wm. Velasquez
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a FAST CF card reader for the iMac?
The one I have it USB 2 so I'm thinking of getting a Firewire card but not sure which one to get. Any iMac users want to share what they use that is fast?

Thanks!

Dec 19, 2012 at 03:15 AM
charles sharpe
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Hello.

I have been using a Sandisk fire wire CF reader for about 2 years now on my i mac. Am very pleased with it, I am sure there must be a faster one out by now but if it ant broken leave it alone I say. I also have used it on my mac book pro when I have been out and about.

Charles.

Dec 19, 2012 at 05:12 AM
magyarangol
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

There's probably a faster way than what I use but... here goes.

After my old CF Reader broke I decided to just plug the USB lead from camera DIRECTLY into my iMac.
I then click on the Image Capture icon in the tray (free of charge

http://www.apple.com/uk/pro/photo/imagecapture.html

Works like a dream for me and seems to upload large RAW files quite easily. Worth a try if you haven't done so before?

Dec 21, 2012 at 04:31 PM
charles sharpe
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Hello.

If you down load from the camera just make sure you have a fully charged battery. If you forget and your camera shuts down you could loose you images.

Charles

Dec 21, 2012 at 06:36 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Firewire card readers are pretty much a thing of the past. When you do see them, they're expensive. If your iMac is relatively current, USB 3.0 will be less expensive and also faster! Here's a dual CF and SD reader that I've found to work well: http://bhpho.to/TdkaD2

Dec 21, 2012 at 07:12 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Just go to the store and buy the best one there. Mac or peecee makes no difference. Unless you're in a very tight situation with not enough cards, like a wedding maybe, then why is everyone so bent for speed? I'll bet that most of us, either at home or into a laptop on the road, download through a reader and do something else while the transfer takes place. If it takes two minutes or two point five minutes, it's not a life threatening difference.

Edited on Dec 23, 2012 at 11:08 PM · View previous versions

Dec 21, 2012 at 07:26 PM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/230833635398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_4970wt_1398

Make a Best Offer of $35.

Dec 22, 2012 at 02:11 AM
LA_Sportsman
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

I recently had to replace my long time CF card reader (USB2). My iMac does not have USB3 and I could not find a FireWire reader for a reasonable price. First reader that O bought at Radio Shack (in a bind) was a disaster. Pin bent in first week and ruined a CF card. I never thought about it before but there was not a ridge to guide the card correctly for perfect pin alignment. I bought a USB3 one on Amazon after checking reviews and life is good. I won't get the speed bump until I upgrade computers but FireWire wasn't worth $100

Dec 23, 2012 at 04:45 PM
leftcoastlefty
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Card CF Reader for iMac?

Mr Joe wrote:
Firewire card readers are pretty much a thing of the past. When you do see them, they're expensive. If your iMac is relatively current, USB 3.0 will be less expensive and also faster! Here's a dual CF and SD reader that I've found to work well: http://bhpho.to/TdkaD2

+1. I have the USB 2 version of that product and it has served me well for years. The clam shell design is nice as it keeps the slots clean. The plastic tabs broke, but it can still be folded shut and opened.

Dec 25, 2012 at 07:59 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password